Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The rare and exotic Ultra High Relief Kennedy Half.

Comments

• Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Are you going to send it to pcgs? Maybe send it to ncs see if they can make it right image
  • Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK Russ, No more JFK's for you. Your gone.image
    Stman
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    HMM...I wonder if it would get body-bagged for "altered surfaces".image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    You're getting weird, man... image
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not too bad a price for a popout coin, I'd say. That's the first Kennedy popout I've seen.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

I'd be scared of it. His eyes followed me when I moved around.image
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    Cool... and a bit creepy.

Do you have one of those shrunken coins. No Kennedy collection is complete without an electromagnetically (?) shrunken Half. image
    "Buy the coin, not the holder"

Proof Dime Registry Set
  • Options
    PhillyJoePhillyJoe Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭✭
    Great! Now I have to find another Christmas present for Russ. Hair is really accented on this one! image

Joe
    The Philadelphia Mint: making coins since 1792. We make money by making money. Now in our 225th year thanks to no competition. image
  • Options
    You thought it was cute??? Please don't post any baby pictures. image
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Just in time for Halloween to scare the hell out of trick or treaters!!!!!
  • Options
    I saw that when it was up for bid. I kinda think it looks like James Dean instead of JFK.
  • Options
    I think I'll sell it on eBay, listed as the "Poltergeist Kennedy" for $100k.image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Does anyone else think it looks like Wally from Leave it to Beaver?

Clark
    NMFB ™

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think I'll sell it on eBay, listed as the "Poltergeist Kennedy" for $100k.image Russ, NCNE >>

Better not. Just your luck, the Post Office will claim the package is too thick, charge the buyer an extra .12cents, postage and then he'll give you a neutral. image

peacockcoins

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's another popout Kennedy, this time on the reverse. (And you only thought the Liberty Bell came on the reverse of Franklin halves, huh? Think again!) image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Well, Braddick, since I would never ship a coin in a #10 envelope, it really isn't an issue, is it? To quote you on the way I pack my stuff:

<< <i>Fort Knox type packaging and shipping! >>

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got to give that one to you Russ. Your coins DO come packaged well. In fact, you pack them the best outside of Tad (Supercoin).
    Solving a Rubic's Cube was easier then getting into your coin package!

peacockcoins

• Options
    BNEBNE Posts: 772
    Those things always remind me of the scene in "Alien." Ick!!!image
    "The essence of sleight of hand is distraction and misdirection. If smoeone can be convinced that he has, through his own perspicacity, divined your hidden purposes, he will not look further."

William S. Burroughs, Cities of the Red Night
  • Options
    zennyzenny Posts: 1,549
    nice one russ, at the right price.

too bad it's the wrong year for an accented hair accented hair.

i don't know if you'd get 100k for it though, doesn't look like a proof error. you should check with you know who.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file