Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Rudy's Ladies bumped me back, but I am

now reclaiming my # 28 spot on the Merc registry, thanks to a couple of board members. I am asking my fellow Mercury Dime collectors to help me in locating the following:

1942-P PCGS MS66FB or maybe even 67FB

1944-P PCGS MS66FB or maybe even 67FB

Blast white or pretty with pastel toning. No gray coins or brown toning.

Thanks!

Wayne

Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com

Comments

• Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a 29S in 67 ??

Opps wrong Forumn this is PCGS. My Mistake. image

Sorry.
  • Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should not have any trouble finding those dimes in MS66FB, but MS67FB will be much harder and much more money.
    Try ebay first and make sure it's already PCGS graded, saves a little money and is safer that way.
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    remumcremumc Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭
    Thanks PT for the advice. I now buy only PCGS graded coins. Had a bad experence with one of those ACG things. Bought as a 65FB that in reallity is probably AU58. That was before I had friends to keep me from buying them! Thanks guys. I'm really learning a lot here.

Regards,

Wayne
    Regards,

Wayne

• Options
    DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    Wayne,

I see we are locking horns over a 1945-P No Bands in 67 on eBay. To save us both some $$, I am bowing out on this coin. I am surprised you are bidding on a NB coin as you set is all FB right now.

Good luck,

Rick
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • Options
    Hey... What is this ?? My measely 66 will get Buried, rate wise by those 67 Coins. image

But I do like the Middle Band area on My 66 Coin. imageimageimage

Ken
  • Options
    maybe I will throw a bid in there!

• Options
    Hello Rick,

I appreciate the favor. I was just bored and couldn't find anything else to bid on. Well, there were 2, but Fairlaneman was bidding on one and Grip on the other. They have both been super nice to me so I wasn't going to get in their way. I probably won't register it, at least not for a while anyway, after all, I could win the lottery someday and afford a 45-P in full bands.image If you need one, PM me. I think I know where another one is.

Regards,

Wayne

Regards,

Wayne

• Options
    Hey Wayne:

If you want the 37P on Ebay have after it. I'm done Bidding wise. Basically I just put a Low Ball Marker bid on it. If it was won,Fine, if not, Fine also.

Ken
  • Options
    Hi Ken,

Thanks for the go ahead!

It would be an upgrade for me, and I would much rather buy something new that I need. If I can't find something new, I might give it a shot.

Awesome reverse on your 45-P by the way, soooo close!

How come when I read this thread when I am not signed on, your photo comes up automatically, then when I log on, it does not?

BTW registered my new 40-P 67FB, I'm at # 27 now. Slow but sure!

Regards,

Wayne
    Regards,

Wayne

• Options
    Wayne:

I do not know about the Photo thing. Thats the first time I have heard anyone say that about a photo disappearance. Maybe someone else will be able to help on this.

Ken
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wayne,
    It's because the screen is already open with the picture.When you log on the picture has to load and it takes time .Hmmm does that make sence?.Al
  • Options
    Hi Al,

Lot of times, I just go read the boards and do not log in. In those cases, the photos come up automatically, as in Ken's 45-P above. Other times I log in, then go read the boards, and the photos do not come up. Seems to me it should be the same, logged in or not.

Wayne
    Regards,

Wayne