Home U.S. Coin Forum

Contest for Young Collectors - Win Lots of Coins!

2»

Comments

• ttt
    Becoming informed but still trying to learn every day!
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
    Hard_ Search (buyer/bidder, a small time seller)
    e-mail: wayne.whatley@gmail.com
  • PushkinPushkin Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭
    ttt

Time is running out - PLEASE, get those entries in!!!imageimageimageimage
  • wow everybody forgot about this page i think. well the due date for entries is tommorrow
    ---Skylar

send me something nice image
    i love surprises (nice ones like coins or chick-fil-a gift certificates)

"People my hate you while you are alive, but they will love you when you're dead."

---I said that actually
    ttt - image Last reminder from me - as I watch this thread slowly sink to the bottom of the fickle "sea of threads.image

TOMORROW IS THE LAST DAY TO ENTER THE YOUNG COLLECTORS ESSAY CONTEST. YOUNG COLLECTORS, 16 YEARS OLD OR LESS, PLEASE PM YOUR ONE PAGE OR LESS (or more if you want-maybe I'll read more?) ESSAY ABOUT ANY NUMISMATIC TOPIC TO ME BY MIDNIGHT TOMORROW EST,CST,MT,PST,HST - ANY TIME ZONE) - OK? imageimageimage

More great prizes arrived yesterday, this time from RLYNN. A Panamanian gold coin - YES, GOLD;imageimageimage some very mice MS and Proof 1,5,10 and 25 cent pieces. Others prizes are "in the mail" I've been told. imageimageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimageTHIS IS THE LAST WARNING - REALLY, THE LAST ONE.imageimageimageimage
  • still no winners posted???
    ---Skylar

"People my hate you while you are alive, but they will love you when you're dead."

---I said that actually
  • Winners posted hopefully before Wendsday is what Pushkin told me.
  • I think he may have been swamped with all of the donations. While this is a lot of work for him, I think it shows a great contribution by the board members.

Maybe we will grab a few more collectors into the search.
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:

Received three very nice 2002 $1 US Silver Eagles from Silverandvinyl as additional prizes. Thank you very much! image

I will try and post all winners and prizes on Sunday night November 10 by 9:00 PM EST. Please be patient just another day or so. Thank you. Remember - all who entered will win something. image

Pushkin
  • "Good on Ya Pushkin"........ now put that HUGE cat down and get on with it.......LOL
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
    imageimageimage ATTENTION image ATTENTION image ATTENTION imageimageimage

I am pleased to announce the WINNERS of the FIRST YOUNG COLLECTORS CONTEST !!!!!!!!!!!!imageimageimageimageimageimage

Since there were only FIVE entries and all the ENTRIES were very well thought out, I have decided to award 5 FIRST PRIZES !!!!

The winners are:

image Mark Moran (via FranklinWI PM) image

image Jeremy (via Airplanenut PM) image

image KlectorKid (via KlectorKid PM) image

image thepunkrockcoinguy (via thepunkrockcoinguy PM) image

image Morey Rosner (age11) (via 1907Quarter PM) image

I will place the prizes in 5 envelopes and randomly mail an envelope to each entrant - that way nobody will know exactly who wins what until the coins arrive. Each winner will receive approximately 7 Indian Head cents, 3 1/2 Lincoln cents (you figure the 1/2image), an IKE Proof dollar (ANACS), several Mercury dimes, a Silver Eagle, a Washington quarter, a Kennedy half dollar, 3-4 European coins - mostly Euros, and a coin book. There is also one small 12K Panamanian gold coin and a few other odds and ends that I will throw in to try and make the packages as equal as possible. Please understand that some of the prizes I only have "3 of", so I will substitute an additional coin, but you won't know what it is until it arrives!

imageimage IMPORTANT !!!!!!! I want to be sure that NOBODYwas left out who entered - so if ANYONE else entered PLEASE PM me IMMEDIATELY - I only have four entries in my mailbox. imageimage

MANY, MANY thanks to all who donated prizes - ALSO, some prizes will be sent to the winners by the donors themselves - so the winners can expect an additional package.

WINNERS - please send me a PM with the name/address where I should send the coins - I would like to mail them by WEDNESDAY - but I need mailing address.

I hope the winners will post a list of their prizes after they receive them.image

Thanks all for your help, imageESPECIALLY THOSE WHO DONATED PRIZESimage, and a BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO THE YOUNG COLLECTORS!!!!!!!!!imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • YES!!!!MWHAHAHA! oh ummm [coughcough] thank you for the giveaway(in a very humble voice)
    ---Skylar

---I said that actually
  • hmm this forum wont go to the top
    ---Skylar

---I said that actually
  • I made a link in the giveaways forum.imageimageimageimage
    ---Skylar

---I said that actually
  • OHHHHH!!! I just realized this was in the US coin forum and not the darkside one. pity a young fool like me
    ---Skylar

---I said that actually
  • Let's hear it for Pushkin.......

A big effort for a great cause. I sure hope this brings a bigger interest to the younger collectors!!

Thanks P
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    whoops image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Hey i got my package in the mail today ! image in it were some euro's
    a 1974 pf68 isenhower dollar with a pretty kind of goldish tint.
    th panama golden coin!
    a 1957 small cent image
    and some indian head pennies.

thanx again for the contest pushkin and all those that donated
    ---Skylar

---I said that actually

Punkrockcoinguy,

The BOOK, don't forget the book - everybody also received a BOOK, as well as coins! image

I assume you youngsters can read imageimageimage!
  • Since I got the prize coins, I want to say what I got. image

-The one that I think is most special is a Lincoln Cent, 1964, which is graded Proof 67. (I was in tears) image

-Then came six foreign coins. They were a 1973 Canadian Ten Cent Coin, an India 1996 (25 paise) and four Euros. (I was really interested) image

-The one my dad and myself liked alot was the Walking Liberty, 2002 (I'm showing it to my Grandfather tonight) image

-When I opened the package, I found a 1972, Kennedy Half (I LIKE IT) image

-The last one that is a rogue, was a B.U, 1943 D, Jefferson Nickel (One of my favorite in the package) image

-My second to last coin type I got was three Lincoln Cents. They were 1923, 1930 and 1920 D. 1920 D was graded VF-30, while the other two were VF. (It gets better!) image

-The final type of coin I got were three Indian Head Cents. The first two were 1902 and 1897 and they were in XF. There was also a 1901 and my dad and I believe it is AU-50.(My third or second favorite) image

-I would just like a final thanks to Pushkin who started this contest and the wonderful people who donated the coins. (Thanks again) image

Yours Sincerely,

MOREY.J.ROSNER

imageimageimageimage
    USPI minimalist design collage
    designset
    Treasury Seals Type Set
  • OOPS! and a book!image Cherrypickers Guide to Die Varieties-Morey
    USPI minimalist design collage
    designset
    Treasury Seals Type Set

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list