Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1969 White Letters

I just received my new SMR today and FINALLY the White letters have gotten recognition. The SMR for an 8 has always been at like $60 ea. Well the new SMR, although still low has increased to $200 for common 8's. I feel good about it because I'm considering selling the White's. I still have 17-8's including the McCovey,Perry and Stottlemyre, all of which sell for well over $1000. (The Perry is less). So if any of you collectors really are interested , now might be the time to get them away from me before I change my mind.

Bob

Comments

• Options
    Would you by chance have or know where I can find a white letter Mantle in an 8?

Thanks
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I have a couple of White Letters that I think will come back as PSA 6 - PSA 8. Whenever I can get a submission in to PSA, I'll let you know how they come back. I certainly don't have any desire to keep any, but for the Phillies one.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Thanks, I appreciate it!
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Gaspipe-

Are the 1969 Topps White Letter PSA 8 cards in the current Superior auction yours? If so -- best of luck with them.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Just took a quick look at this auction of WL at Superior and it is quite the amazing lot. Has "Gaspipe" written all over it! The action on the keys and some of the tougher ones is already heating up and this one doesnt end till 12/5.
    Final prices on these should be very impressive.
    Would love to own some of these but cant say I'll be chasing any for the telephone numbers I expect these will go for.
    I also extend my best of luck Bob, if these are yours.
    RayB69Topps
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!
  • Options
    Delldude,

I know someone who just bought a PSA 9 White Letter Mantle. He has a nice PSA 8 that needs a new home. He's having problems logging on to this thread so he asked that I forward his email address to you so that you may contact him directly. Here it is: szelnick@db.com His name is Scott and he's in NY. But don't hold that against him!

Good luck,

Brian Seigel

P.S.

Hello Marc - I hope all's well with you
  • Options
    Twindad,

Thanks for the info on the wl Mantle. I'll e-mail your friend.

Delldude
  • Options
  • Options
    Brian,

For some reason I'm having trouble with Scott's email address. Have Scott email me please at bestycat1@cs.com.

Thanks

Bruce
  • Options
    Bruce,

I've sent Scott your email address. Hopefully, he'll contact you shortly.

Good luck,

Brian