Home U.S. Coin Forum

Heritage auctions

I have bought coins from teletrade and ebay with relative success. I am now considering buying from heritage's on line auctions. How is their customer service, quality of their coins, and buyers fees? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, John

Comments

• TrimeTrime Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭
    Customer service: great
    Quality of coins : very good to excellent.
    Price: normal but you pay a 15% purchasers fee (Juice)
    Trime
  • calgolddivercalgolddiver Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed -

customer service above average
    speed of delivery excellent
    quality of coins - depends on what you bid on ... pics generally are above average for what I am looking for
    Top 25 Type Set 1792 to present

Top 10 Cal Fractional Type Set

successful BST with Ankurj, BigAl, Bullsitter, CommemKing, DCW(7), Elmerfusterpuck, Joelewis, Mach1ne, Minuteman810430, Modcrewman, Nankraut, Nederveit2, Philographer(5), Realgator, Silverpop, SurfinxHI, TomB and Yorkshireman(3)

• dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    MAJOR CAVEAT on their customer service: READ THEIR RETURN POLICY before you even consider bidding on their auctions. i got nailed by the non-return policy about 2 years ago on 2 expensive coins. not saying "don't bid", but get all the facts BEFORE you bid. note that it is a "partial refund" return policy now.

K S
  • I have obtained many coins from their auctions, and never a problem with the coins or their service.
    Welcome to the boards and have fun.

Walt
  • the folks there try hard but heritage is a bureaucracy and sometimes you can get caught up in the catch-22s of business. don't depend on them to protect your interests. probably the most honest lot descriptions of any of the COIN auction houses. their web imaging sux. learn to play their game and you'll be o.k.

• grrrrrrrrr!
    That is all I can legally say.
    Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
  • Read there feedback and return policy then run like HELL!!!!!!
  • RLinnRLinn Posts: 596
    I've had good success with Heritage and agree with Trime's assessment. I did bid more often in their Exclusively Internet Auctions before they initiated the 15% juice.

BTW welcome to the forum, JY93.
    Buy the coin...but be sure to pay for it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file