Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

More Registry Ethics

You have a beautiful PCGS proof that has a spot on it. Your dealer, who is a PCGS authorized dealer, says he'll take the coin and remove the spot and then get it reholdered.

Do you remove the coin from your Registry Set?

Comments

• Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you should not change the entry's data until the coin's status has been resolved. To me, the coin is merely ``frictionally un-slabbed.''

Can I trademark that term?

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭
    Is the dealer cracking the coin out himself and attempting to remove the spot, and then resubmitting it as a raw coin, or sending it back to PCGS holdered and requesting that they dip the coin and then simply reholder it?? If the former, I would remove it, if the latter, I would leave it.

Dragon
  • Options
    boiler78boiler78 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was told that PCGS did not provide that service?
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's too easy - if it had a ugly spot, I never would have owned it to begin with.....
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    khaysekhayse Posts: 1,336
    I'll leave the coin in until it's status was resolved (until it came back).

I'd don't have time to make any little change that may or may not end up
    affecting things.

-KHayse