Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Ebay Fraud Alert

dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
For reasons still unclear, Ebay seller nonni991 sold me and two other folks proof sets billed as Type IIs that turned out to be the much more common Type Is. Auction Link.

She completely ignored my emails, that included my bewilderment about why she would risk a Neg for such a relatively paltry amount (the other Negs had not been posted yet), and my reassurances that it could have been an honest mistake on her part, I was willing to be reasonable, etc.

After deafening silence, I got the Ebay contact info, and called her (number disconnected), and called Directory Assistance in North Bend, OR (no listing). Within hours after I finally did Neg her, though, she responds to the Neg!! nonni991's feedback

Come to find out, she'd done the same thing to two other Ebay winners within the same time frame. Ebay booted her as a result, but she is now back on as norisgames. Her contact info apparently is a relative's house, whose occupants say they know nothing about her auctions, and why do people keep calling! She obviously does not wish to give valid contact information to Ebay.

This occurs in a seller who otherwise had a clean feedback record! Wierd!

One of the victims had the cops go out and pay her a visit. She told them we all might have switched proof sets on her. The cops indicated that they could do nothing unless we were able to prove that she sent us the actual sets she said she did.

Anyhow, this is an advisory for the rest of you folks.

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file