Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My latest acquisition: Nice toned PL morgan

Text: Link

This is my latest purchase
I really love toned PL morgans.
Does anyone else have nice scans they can post of nicely toned PL/DMPL Morgans?

Brian.

Comments

• Options
    Brian:

Here's one I picked up - 1884O DMPL with Cameo features and toning to boot! The picture doesn't do the coin justice - but it IS gorgeous!

Frank
  • Options
    Holy cow!!
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    It doesn't look too bad for a 62. The toning is nice from an originality standpoint.
    Yours is very nice too, FC57Coins.
    Here's a DMPL.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    I think the price I paid was a bargain.
  • Options
    I meant to mention that too. Good price. You paid about the non-PL, non toned 62 price. image
  • Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dog, not a bad cc morgan. I see a few things going on on it. Not to mention it looks like someone sliced her face a little. And a zit on the tip of nose.image Sorry, I've been wanting to do this. Nice coin overall.

Whats the grade?

Stman
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    Here's a neatly toned PL dollar that I found on Andy Kimmel's site a while back:

I have a similar toned dollar in a ngc 64pl holder but with not as much cameo. Only if i could learn how to use my scanner. image
  • Options
    prooflikeprooflike Posts: 3,879 ✭✭
    I have a purple and gold toned PL Morgan but the colors don;t show up with my scanner, so kindda pointless to show a pic.

• Options
    GilbertGilbert Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭
    Frank,

You have got to get a pic with true colors. I imagine that coin has got to be outstanding. It looks good without seeing the chromatics; so if it's anything like I imagine, whew ... What grade is it?
    Gilbert
  • Options
    TONEDDOLLARSTONEDDOLLARS Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a half dozen or so coins with DMPL or PL surfaces that good to outstanding toning. I have a 82-s in 65 That pcgs calls PL but anyone looking at it can tell its a dmpl. I also have a 98-o same story. My Favorite is a87-o in 65 with a pl rating.
    Sorry for the tease. I just am still not happy with the quality of the scans or pictures yet. When I am I will proudly post them. The GSAGUY has seen these coins and liked them very much.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file