Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Who wins the World Series and why????

I think Oakland has a good shot, The yanks arn't as good as last year and there are some holes in their pitching.....Minne will be a walk and in the NL i think the braves are gonna be good but 3 words fer ya'll MULDER, HUDSON, ZITO!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Refs.
playr050,Bobstar,R*C,Col1ector,
Dirtmonkey,euphoria18,samsgirl214,biggjc,NBT,Baljitgil

Ebay
41 positives, 0 negitives

Comments

• Options
    I think the answer is Arizona Diamondback.

Why you ask? Because I said so. Plus the have the 1/2 Punch, Johnson/Schilling. Gonzo out... yes, btu when he was out earlier they went 8-1 I believe.
  • Options
    I think the eagles have a good shot...
    Tradelist
    ] EAGLES 2005 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!!
  • Options
    "Who wins the World Series and why????"

Usually, the team with the most wins in the regular season will play the team with the least amount of wins in their division, however, that team must have enough wins to be in the playoffs. After all the matchups are decided, teh teams will play head-tohead- for at least 3 games in a series and the team that wins the most games of that serties, advances on to the next round. They keep on doing this until there are 2 teams left and finally, those teams will complete in at least 9 innings per game for at least 4 games to decide who will be victorious and take home the trophy.

Just my .02
    Rest in peace Josh, we'll all miss you
  • Options
    SoDoMoJo, the yanks might not have pitched as good this year but their offense is WAY better than last years..im not a yankee fan and i'll be routing for the angels first then whoever after that but i have to say the yankees will win it back this year..gonzo's injury really hurts Ari.
  • Options
    i also predict that the team with more hits and runs than the other team, has a good chance of winning the ball game.
    Rest in peace Josh, we'll all miss you
  • Options
    SoDoMoJo. What are you talking about the yankees are 2x better than last year. All the yankees had last year for hitting was Jeter, Williams, and Posada. Now they have Giambi, Soriano, and Jeter,williams, and Posada. So what the pitching is not the same. In September the Yankee pitching has been fantastic. Clemens, Moose, Pettitte and Wells are all big game pitchers. Yankees win it all.
  • Options
    Three words for ya all GIAMBI, SORIANO, JETER. image
  • Options
    Oakland has the best shot to win it all. They have the best 1-2-3 pitching staff in MLB, and they have a solid offensive nucleus thay plays together as a team. Remember, Oakland was up on the Yanks last year 2-0, but failed to put them away...they won't fail to do that this year and advance to the World Series. Pitching + Offense + Team-Play. Oakland
    Barry Zito, Mark Mulder and Tim Hudson...can you find a better
    1-2-3 punch anywhere?

Looking for their RC cards, as well as BKB Lucky 13 and Topps Draft Redemption cards.
  • Options
    ill agree with airjordan and say the eagles...only cuz with mcnabb as a QB and a great D, theres a good chance theyll go all the way
  • Options
    it's almost to the point where it's a " i'll believe it when i see it " sort of thing with the A's and yankees..it seems like every year i think they'll beat them and every year those darn yanks beat them..it's almost like the kings-lakers, every year people talk about them beating the lakers but we all know it never happens image
  • Options
    Atlanta cuz datz wherre dem playaz play.
  • Options
    Who cares? America will be watching football.
  • Options

<< <i>Who cares? America will be watching football. >>

what NFL games are on tomorow? image

GO EAGLES!
  • Options
    Braves will win...better all around team...strong pitching,good defense,team speed and enough hitting
    ref:samsgirl214,Baird34,sportsguy247,jrccrum,ahares,Chayne2,Hondo
    Taylor28jag,mikefromchester ,sjrpipm,Mars2001,naturlbrntrder,Hitechkoolaid
    Dallas822 ,KFC,Bjork73,joestalin,dirtmonkey,Bobstar,Euphoria18,Injun01,Dewey
    PSASPORTS,Co1lector,pacmanssportscards,Brettnc5,Tmac21,Brave,PunKrocKtrojaN,
    TrFstPtch
  • Options
    SoDoMoJoSoDoMoJo Posts: 1,558 ✭✭
    Wow AirJordan your a moron........................

Thanks to all who actually had something USEFUL to say............

NoDoubt thanks i didn't know baseball was a game where you had to have the most wins!!!!!! image
    My Refs.
    playr050,Bobstar,R*C,Col1ector,
    Dirtmonkey,euphoria18,samsgirl214,biggjc,NBT,Baljitgil

Ebay
    41 positives, 0 negitives
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    I hate the Yankees more than anyone here, but you have to give them credit, they know how to
    win in October! You have to put the Yankees away early. If you give them an inch they will
    take a mile. I agree that the offense is better than last year, but the pitching doesn't scare
    anyone anymore. The question is, will Glaus and Salmon step it up or fold like school girls?
    I could probably ask the same about Chavez and Tejada. I really like the three headed
    pitching monster in Oakland, but this year they have a legit 4th guy! Those middle games
    are key for Oakland!

I don't think anyone will beat the braves in the NL. Bonds will choke like he always does and
    the Braves will be getting the brooms out a la the 01 Astros! The Dbacks are a one year wonder...
    Shill and the Unit just can't carry these guys again! Plus they have Mr. blown save to come in
    and screw things up! St Louis has a chance but Pujols and Drew will have to start swinging and
    hitting them where they aint.

I like the A's in 7 over the Braves!

-Kevin
  • Options

I'm a die hard Bay Area fan, so I'm hoping for a Bay Area Series II!! Giants vs. A's!!

I've been following the Dbacks since they joined my local town of Phoenix so I'm hoping they can repeat.

You should have seen downtown Phoenix when they won it last year!! One of my best memories ever celebrating with 50,000+ fans after the game in downtown Phoenix.

Being a Bay Area boy I'm happy if Oakland, San Fran, or Arizona wins it all.

Honestly though, I think the most hated team in MLB the Yankees will win it again. They have waaay too much going for them again. Who knows though.
    Looking for former University of Arizona NBA RC's in PSA or BGS 9's/GEM MINT grades. Die hard University of Arizona and Bay Area Sports fan.
  • Options
    Well I am rooting for the Cardinals(Biased <-----). I think that it will come down to pitching. We can be Arizona easily and I think that the Giants will take the Braves to five, but the Braves will win. Braves have a great all around team, but tend to loose it in the playoffs. The Yankees will get beat in the first round. I think it will be St Louis and Oakland in the final, going to six games with the winner............................................................................................

Oaklandimage
    Looking for Tomlinson, Brees, Pujols, Mcgwire, Edmonds RC's, 2001 Topps Chrome Refractors (Football). All Cardinals regular issue, insert, auto's, and Game Used (Must be current players). Also looking for Ladell Betts, Kahlil Hill, Brad Banks, Dallas Clark, and any other Iowa players. 2001-2003 Rookies.

Site Under Construction
  • Options
    yankees beat in first round. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH! HA! yeah right. This year the Yankees have home field and they play much better at home (example: Last years world series, yankes unbeaten at home). Yankees will crush Anaheim, no doubt. And if oakland beats the Twins the Yankees will beat the A's. I will tell you why: well last years oakland pitching staff is the same as this year. They lost last year but now the Yankees can hit for power (Giambi, Soriano) OBP (Giambi, Williams, Jeter) they can run (Soriano, Jeter) they also are clutch (Soriano, Giambi, Posada, Jeter, Williams). Oakland has power (tejada along with his crappy defense [27 errors].
  • Options
    i'd like to see oakland go all the wayimage
    #1 DUSTY WATHAN COLLECTOR IN THE WORLD!!
    my page
  • Options
    thats if they get by the twins..i don't understand why with all the lefty hitters the twins have they didn't pitch zito or mulder the 1st gameimage