Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

I need help in figuring out how to upload images

I decided to start uploading images of some of the cards from my 1970's sets, but I always get this message "image file cannot contain any of special characters: "!@#$%^&amp;*()-+|][}{;:'""<>?,./~` "." My image seems scanned properly, and it is below 100k in lower quality image, but I can never get it to not give me this message.

Does anyone have any ideas?

All the best

Chris
Collector of baseball PSA sets from the 1970's & hockey rookie cards; big New York Rangers fan (particularly now that they are sleeping with the enemy with Holik and Kaspiritus). Also starting to collect 53 Bowman Color as I think they are the most beautiful cards I have seen.

Comments

• Options
    Chris,

You can't have any other characters other than letters, numbers, or an underscore. That means, no !,@,#,$,%,^,&, or *.

Hope it helps.

Mark
  • Options
    Exactly.....Just make sure the image file you are uploading doesn't have any of those extra characters in the file name. I ran into that also when I started uploading my scans.
    1963 TOPPS~ SayitaintsoJoe's Fresh from the pack Screamers~ All pictured in living color

"There's no crying in baseball card set building."
  • Options
    What I do, is when I scan my card.....I will save it to a JPG....and rename it with the card number for quick reference when I upload.
    1963 TOPPS~ SayitaintsoJoe's Fresh from the pack Screamers~ All pictured in living color

"There's no crying in baseball card set building."
  • Options
    Chris,

This took me a while to figure out...

When you save your image make sure you have no spaces in your file name... IE it can not be named 1970 Pete Rose you must name your file 1970PeteRose. I was having the same problem....
    This is probably what is wrong with your scans... Jeff
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • Options
    Thank you very much for the advice, will try tomorrow. Any suggestions on how to convince PSA to let us upload more than 100k per image, which is not really high quality nor does it show the beauty of some of the vintage cards (even more so than people who collect older cards than what I collect)?

Thanks again

Chris
    Collector of baseball PSA sets from the 1970's & hockey rookie cards; big New York Rangers fan (particularly now that they are sleeping with the enemy with Holik and Kaspiritus). Also starting to collect 53 Bowman Color as I think they are the most beautiful cards I have seen.