Home U.S. Coin Forum

Pictured Super Rarities @ Teletrade

1971 NGC 62 50¢

1979D PCGS 64 50¢

1989P PCGS 63 50¢

Does anyone else wonder how these lots got imaged when expensive coins didn't?

Comments

• wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible word got out already that Braddick had a couple dollars left to spend after Long Beach? image Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    Their images are listed because they are much more attractive and desireable than stale old coins.
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Maybe someone who has sold coins thru them would know for sure.
    My guess is you have to pay extra to have your coin imaged.
  • braddickbraddick Posts: 22,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is odd- especially in light of lots 1600 and 1601 (both PCGS MS67 Kennedy toughies) didn't get imaged.
    That's a quandry.

Now, as long as I have all of your attention for just a moment (especially you Mitch!) please DON'T bid on lots 1169 and 1487! And can you believe it? Lot 1169 is also pictured?! ::Thanks Teletrade:: You just drove the price up and extra dollar. . .

peacockcoins

• MarkMark Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greg, et. al.:

Coincidentally I was talking with Teletrade when I saw this thread, so I decided to ask Teletrade why these three coins were pictured. The nice gentlemen with whom I talked didn't know the particulars about these three coins. He did state that Teletrade's ultimate goal is to picture all coins being auctioned, so perhaps "the journey of 1000 miles begins with these three steps" or something to that effect. I mentioned this thread being on the PCGS site, so perhaps someone will inform us why these three coins were selected.

Mark
    Mark

• shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    I mentioned this thread being on the PCGS site, so perhaps someone will inform us why these three coins were selected.

Come on-- why would anyone want to look at a trade dollar or Amazon pattern when you can look at clad Kennedies in low MS grades.
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • gmarguligmarguli Posts: 2,226 ✭✭
    I seriously doubt that TeleTrash wants to picture all coins on their site. If they did then they would have done it years ago.

No pictures of ugly coins equals higher bids.
  • MarkMark Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shiro:

I think you have hit the nail on the head. I have seen pictures of high-grade trade dollars and Amazon patterns. I had never before seen pictures of low-grade, slabbed Kennedies. Teletrade (and Greg) have expanded my collecting horizons!!!!

Mark
    Mark

• braddickbraddick Posts: 22,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Short term thinking.
    Too many ugly coins translates to loss of collectors using Teletrade. Less Teletrade use means lower bids for consigners. Less consigners on Teletrade equals bankruptcy.
    Teletrade's been around since 1988 (or so).

There are BAD coins on Teletrade just like there are BAD coins in Dealers show cases and on eBay or even in YOUR collection!

The trick is to find the Good (in my case. In yours- the Mint State).

peacockcoins

• airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Russ is gonna hurl image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • gmarguligmarguli Posts: 2,226 ✭✭

There are BAD coins on Teletrade just like there are BAD coins in Dealers show cases and on eBay or even in YOUR collection!

There aren't any bad coins in my collection. I consigned them all to Teletrade.

I don't remember when they started. I used to get their catalog mailed to me back when they sold raw coins.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file