Home U.S. Coin Forum

HEY RUSS,IF YOUR NOT TO BUSY COULD YOU TAKE A LOOK

Comments

• RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Hehe, great score! Gotta love a slabbing company that forgets to attribute a coin.image

How the hell did I miss that one???!!!!!

Russ, NCNE
  • Maybe your catching a cold.You usually sniff em purdy dang quick.image
    I will say that you got me started on this,so it's your fault.image
  • nice snag.. I missed that one too.. dang it. but yeah, I am happy for you. enjoy it. Kris
    "I haven't understood anything since "Party" became a verb."

"I think I have finally lived long enough to realize that the big man in the sky aint talking" Ogden Nash

"When all you got is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"
  • robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    DANG, I've been watching for those too! I probably fell asleep waiting for the pic to load. Nice snag image
    MAULUMALL,

Let me know when you get that coin in. I just BINed this one, than I remembered this thread (too late). It looks like we have a seller using a little coin scan sleight-of-hand.

Russ, NCNE
  • How many times can we expect Russ to sniff out the same coin (or does ICG put the same number on ALL their slabs?)?

Pete
  • Either you both just bought the exact same, mis-attributed, coin, or this guy is deliberately ripping people off.

Which do you think it is? image

Clark
    NMFB ™

I just sent the seller an eMail with a link to the other auction, and told him not to bother to ship if the coin is not the one he represented it to be. It'll be interesting to see how he responds. My luck, he'll probably neg me for NPB.

Russ, NCNE
    Already heard back from him, said he's checking on it. Might just be an honest mistake.

Russ
  • Hey Russ I think your right.The Pic that I downloaded from the auction that I bined has slab # 5597700106.Now when I bring up the auction the slab # is 1789140153. I downloaded the pic as soon as I paid for it.
  • Russ I just sent this to the seller.
    Hello,I purchased this coin last week.The serial # on the slab is ICG # 5597700106.Now when I bring up the auction it seems you have changed the picture to a coin with the serial #1789140153.Can you explain this please.
    Patrick
    Thanks for the heads up.I owe you.
  • Well I just got an answer.

i re-list thes coins weekly and change the pictures.
    sometimes the pics get misplaced or i forget to change the
    picture. Actually, I think I mailed out that coin to you
    last week.

Steve

I guess we will see.
  • And then I got this one.

Hello,

Did you receive the coin? I have a few of these available.
    If you are not happy with the coin please send it back -
    have another customer interested in that one.

Steve

Are you still interested?
    MAULUMALL,

I've had multiple eMails back and forth with him since I posted. He also sent me a batch of scans of other coins and asked if I wanted one of those instead. I made it clear that I would accept only the coin he had pictured in the auction. He's apologized for the mistake, and all is well. Looks like an honest seller who just screwed up posting the wrong graphic.

Russ, NCNE

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file