Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

SHOULD CONGRESS PASS A LAW NEVER TO TAKE IN GOD WE TRUST OFF OF OUR CURRENCY?

????????image

KINGCOIN KING OF COINS

Comments

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turn Caps Lock OFF!!!!!!!!!
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    airplanenut
    Collector
    Titals to threads are like all other titals they should always be capitalized. image

KINGCOIN KING OF COINS
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,684 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would actually like Congress to keep out of as many things as possible (as we can possibly keep them out of). We have gotten by for over 200 years , many without and many with, In God We Trust on our coins. But I don't think an act of Congress is necessary.

Do I like the motto In God We Trust on our coins? Yes, absolutely.
  • Options
    KINCOIN
    Title
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    I second Airplanenut's motion!
    VERY annoying.

now to the question. The government wastes enough of our money now on foolish endeavours. I would hope that they could find something better to do and something better to debate and fight over for months using our money!
  • Options
    Now that you’ve brought up the issue, I personally don’t feel strongly either way. I’m surprised nobody’s accused the government of not being politically correct by having that motto on our coins. After all, there are some people who are atheists, or who follow religions that don’t believe in a God (at least not the Judeo-Christian God).

Dan
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    That depends on if your on the right or on the left. I like it on our coinage and Pray they don't take it off, but an act of congress? Our senate majority leader Tom Daschel would cry that the whole world is against him. image And that it isn't fair, and so on, and so on..... The left is too concerned with making the minority (not racial--special interests) of people happy that they forget how the majority of American feel.

IN GOD WE TRUST

Tony

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    The atheists & sinners that are offended by it be damned!
    Keep the motto on out coinage.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    Dog97
    Master Collector
    I like you more and more. We think alike. I also feel they should use the elastic clause in the constitution and add it into the constitution somewhere.image

KINGCOINS KING OF COINS
  • Options
    mrdqmrdq Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭
    Seperate christian beliefs from matters of state. Simple. Remove it.

--------T O M---------

-------------------------
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    But MrDQ... who says it is a Christian God being refered to?
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    We have the right to choose the religion of our choice. It's freedom of religion--not freedom from religion. Our constitution is based in religious beliefs.

Keep it on!

IN GOD WE TRUST

Tony

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    TheNumishTheNumish Posts: 1,628 ✭✭
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Leave the name of God on our money,It might remind some poor souls
    that there is a higher power in the universe than mankind.

In fact at times , even bears are a lot nicer to people then people are to
    other people. And Kincoin , stop eating bear meat, that akin to cannibalism. image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    Ok bear I stop. I once new a bear in Florida but he ran away to Colorodo somewhere. His name was Bear Morris.He was also a good Bear.

KINGCOIN KING OF COINSimage
  • Options
    Can't be done. Even if Congress passed that law, the next Congress could change it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file