Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Set registry questions

Which do you prefer - the NGC or PCGS set registry program? What are your reasons for your preference?I am fairly new to this board and apologize if this has been the subject of a recent thread.

I will be posting the same questions on the NGC board and will be curious to see how the responses differ.

Comments

• Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the fact that the PCGS Registry is, for the most part, mature. The sets are up (tho weighting remains to be done) and many processes are quicker. I like that early proofs are allowed in the type set - although they are weighted the same as a current year cent.

I like the fact that I can avoid the crossover game in the NGC Registry. I've collected coins long enough to know when a 65 is a 65 and I prefer my consistent standard over a politicized process. I also like the fact that high grade, high value coins receive more of a rating reward.

All in all, right now it's a tie. At least until the type set takes early proofs at NGC and the sets and processes are completed.
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    From a simplistic point of view, the PCGS site is much easier to use. Both sites are good. If you have both in your sets NGC is probably your best choice. Only NGC--NGC is your best choice. Only PCGS--PCGS is your best choice.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options

I prefer the look and feel of the PCGS site
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    See NGC Response over there. image Same answer applies here but I cannot remember what the heck I said over there.

Ken