Home PSA Set Registry Forum

New Record Price for a Kellogg's Card

Someone Bit on the Bobby Murcer Card and Paid $525 this has to be a new record. One only has to imagine what a Joel Horlen "10" would bring? Could it even stretch the pockets of the GEMMINT man or possibly exceed Vargha Bucks?

Here is the link

Bobby Murcer PSA 10
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Comments

• I could be wrong, but I don't think that's the record. I think about 6 months ago, there were a couple of cards that went for a little more. Does anyone remember for sure?

Still, a remarkable price. The best bargains in 1970 Kelloggs are the 8's.

1971 Kelloggs and 1961 Fleer
  • That is by far the most paid for any common, but many stars have gone higher in the past.
  • murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    never underestimate the power of cheese.
  • Davalillo doesn't screw around. Give him some time and I'm sure that he will take over the number one spot on the 1970 Kellogg's registry. Gemmintman and Zardoz don't have the resources to compete with Davalillo.
  • yawn
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • 1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Are 70 Kelloggs only available on eBay? I was at the Philly show yesterday and really only saw a handful.

Any one want to email me a list of what 70 Kelloggs they have available for sale or trade? Any 71 Kelloggs Rose PSA 9's?

Thanks - NKane9@aol.com
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards

• << <i>Davalillo doesn't screw around. Give him some time and I'm sure that he will take over the number one spot on the 1970 Kellogg's registry. Gemmintman and Zardoz don't have the resources to compete with Davalillo. >>

Yeah yeah, I've been up nights worrying about that...

• theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    Yep, and my dad said I would go blind. That never happened either...
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭
    Slab boys...Slab boys...whatcha gonna do
    whatcha gonna do when davalillo comes for you?

Gem, Zardoz .... I worry about you guys.
    You both seem to highly value your standing in the 70 Kelloggs world.
    It obviously meanes alot to you both.

But make no mistake...Davalillo is a monster who seldom loses.

All of the top dealers have been notified...its only a matter of time.

Loves me some shiny!

• << <i>Slab boys...Slab boys...whatcha gonna do >>

<< <i>whatcha gonna do when davalillo comes for you? >>

Carew4me - I have to admit that is pretty funny image.
  • DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    Carew4me,

Thanks for the encouragement. I am going down to Houston this week with the sole purpose of notifying Zardoz what he is up against(in case he wants to admit defeat now and sell me his 10s). I even plan on buying him a drink or two to soften him up.

Davalillo
  • SMR price of a 1962 Hank Aaron in PSA 8: $525
    SMR price of a 1933 Goudey Carl Hubbell in PSA 7: $525
    Selling price of a 1970 Kellogg's Bobby Murcer in PSA 10: $525
    Watching the Set Registry battles among the Kellogg's faithful: priceless

• Carew

Please rest assured that both Gemmintman and myself are both humble, shy, and modest types to whom position on the registry is of little meaning. image

We have taken this collective posture owing to derogatory, demeaning, and inflammatory statements made by Mr. Davalillo in regard to this classic, VINTAGE, work of art that is the 1970 Kellogg's baseball set. His callous disrespect to the set and to those who collect, or are even considering to collect these visual masterpieces is nothing short of heresy.

Merely look upon Gemmintman and myself, not as these so called "slab boys", but as the divinely authorized "Kellogg's Inquisition" with the mission of defending the "True Vintage Set".
  • Can't you guys see that you're upsetting me and "ThreeDee", my trusted Kanine Kompanion...

• carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭
    Davalillo,
    When you do register your set...please do not show the grades.

That would take all of the fun out of it for those of us on the sidelines.

Zardoz...70 Kelloggs..."The true vinatage set"? What are you guys putting in that kool-aid!

Loves me some shiny!
    Carew4me,

Will do but be patient. As you can see from the pop report, most of the set has a population of 1 or zero in 10 and it appears as if Zardoz given the jump in his registry ranking had some 10 stashed away.

Davalillo
  • That low-life zardoz!

• theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭

<< <i>some 10 stashed away. >>

Imagine that?!?!?! These Kellogg's Kollectors don't play fair...
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • C,mon Guys .... Zardoz just had a flashback and remembered those forgotten 10's under the mattress.... There was no hoarding stashing or hiding of cardsimage
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    No one expects the Kellogg's Inquisition. image

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    My guess is Davallilo will end up owning all of our cards.
    total world domination.
    Murcerfan,

This is the only set I am trying to compete in. My goal is just to complete sets in psa 8 except for smaller easier sets like 69 topps super or 64 topps giants where I am trying to complete it in 9.

Davalillo
  • Nick

I figured that you'd get it!! LOL