Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

My first 10!!!

I just got my submission results back from some 1961 Fleer football cards that I sumbitted and #178 Billy Lott came back a 10! I've never gotten a 10 on a submission before so this is great. It has to be Christmas today (or else April fool's day). I was excited and it to share it with someone. I thought about telling my wife but I didn't want to explain what a "10" was.

Wayne

submission #865234
1955 Bowman Football

Comments

• Options
    Very cool Wayne image.

P.S. Tell your wife nothing image.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Wayne - ... congrats from the 2nd highest bidder on that card !

Those cards looked so good, thought they might have been cut from sheets, or I would have bid more.

You must have gotten lots of 9's as well. image

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    Ain't it great to have a place to scream to the world ya gotta 10.....where everybody knows what the heck you're talkin about!!!

I've got a stack of '63's and '68's in the grading room right now waiting for my 10 too!!!

1963 TOPPS~ SayitaintsoJoe's Fresh from the pack Screamers~ All pictured in living color

"There's no crying in baseball card set building."
  • Options
    Thanks to wolfbear for not bidding more!image

Sayitaintsojoe - yes it is great - best of luck on your submission.

I am busy submitting 25 more that I bought from the same dealer out of that collection right now. Gotta beat the deadline before rates go back up.

wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • Options
    10's are the best...the only thing better is a BURGER from IN AND OUT BURGER.image
    x
  • Options
    KremsKrems Posts: 347 ✭✭
    Awesome!!...I know how you feel...I just went through the same thing a couple weeks ago with my first 10, as you all know cause I was so excited I had to post on this board as well...congratulations
  • Options
    Congrats Wayne!!!!!! On a 42 year old card no less, that's impressive!!!!
  • Options
    41 year old card. Yeesh, Ive looked at too many numbers today. STILL impressive image
  • Options
    Wayne - Congratulations..... That's great... I have yet to receive a 10 on a submission, but I did recently purchase the first one for my set.... Great Job !!!
  • Options
    congrats, thats quite a feet on such an old card.
    LOS ANGELES LAKERS BASKETBALL
    OKLAHOMA SOONERS FOOTBALL
    LOS ANGELES DODGERS BASEBALL
    NEW YORK RANGERS HOCKEY
    DETRIOT LIONS FOOTBALL
    OKLAHOMA SOONERS BASKETBALL
  • Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    I thought about telling my wife but I didn't want to explain what a "10" was.

Wayne,

The explaination is simple...Just tell her you got a perfect card, Just like the perfect wife. That line worked for me when I got my 10 and the romance that night was unbelieveable. image

Carlosimage
  • Options
    Carlos,

That wouldn't work with me - she would accuse me of drinking too much and send me straight to the couch.

wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • Options
    I had the luck with my last girlfriend who understood the concept of PSA grading because her oldest brother, 22, was very much into cards as I am. Unfortunately, that just gave her more incentive to ask me to buy her more things because I explained to the value of some of my items... image

I guess in order to win, you have to lose sometimes.

Ian
  • Options
    Well done Wayne!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEVER TELL THE WIFE
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    Wayne,

I here ya as my couch is my couch and my second home!!!!!!

Gator
  • Options
    ah yes, the first 10. still remember mine about 4 years ago... 1989 ud randy johnson. congrats!
  • Options
    SayitaintsoJoe63,

I've got a stack of cards somewhere, that someone cashed the check made out to PSA for. Nobody knows where they are at, even Charlie. I hope they turn up soon, I really thought I had a chance or two at 9's on this submission of 1968's.

Ian
  • Options
    Ian......that's scary!!! Sure hope they don't get your stack mixed in with my stack and send me both stacks.image
    1963 TOPPS~ SayitaintsoJoe's Fresh from the pack Screamers~ All pictured in living color

"There's no crying in baseball card set building."
  • Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    Wayne, you are having a very good week. 100% on 65s, then a vintage 10 to boot!! Congrats.

Brian
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey