Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Required Coins in the Registry Sets

How was it decided which coins would be "required" for the Registry Sets. I've used the lists for my own Lincoln collection but noticed coins like the 1960 Small Date were not included. Why were they omitted?

I tried to ask this on the Q & A Forum but posts are not being accepted. Thanks!

Bob K.

Comments

• Bob,

To satisfy all collectors "competing", PCGS decided to have a basic set and a variety set. The small dates you asked about are considered a variety and are indeed listed in the variety sets. They still haven't listed all varities since they are so few and they didn't want to muddy the waters as before having "optional" coins in any sets save for the current year coins. Dave
  • They still haven't listed all varities since they are so few ??????????

Dave - I'm not sure I understand what you mean here. I just went back to check which varieties are in the modern set and I was surprised to see they were in better shape than I would have guessed especially when compared to the pathetic attempt in the 09 - 58 set. What do you mean so few? I did notice that they left out the 69S DD. No question here as to why they left it out. There aren't that many of them. Maybe PCGS thinks they are uncollectable? Either way, without the king of the modern DD's in the registry its a joke. This is just PCGS's attempt to make the registry competitive from one collector to the other. Has nothing to do with the BEST when you pull a stunt like this IMHO.

When it comes to the 09 - 58 set - just give up. I think they are just to lazy here to do this one right - so far. Hopefully this will change.