Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1963 Topps PSA 9 oc With None Higher - What's It Worth

On my latest submission I received a 9 oc on #392 Tribe Thumpers. I noticed in the pop report that there are no 9's (qualified or clean) and no 10's. I haven't received the card back yet, but my recollection is that it is off-center t-b 90-10.

I was wondering if the absence of any 9 or 10's for this card would impact the price on this card. I seem to remember someone saying before that for registry purposes a qualified card gets knocked down 2 grades, so is this no better than a 7 from a value standpoint?

Steve

Comments

• Options
    everything falls back to what the specific buyer/collector wants.. I have found that in a lot of cases, sets that are notorious for being off-center, seem to be more forgiving to qualifiers. An example of this would be the 61 fleer basketball. In this issue, I would rather have a psa 9 OC than a psa 7.... but that is just my preference. I think your card would garner extra attention due to the pop report but nothing overly substancial.
  • Options
    I'm sure it s a very nice card but I would have to say that there would not be a huge premium on it bcause it has a qualifier....if it was listed on the registry it would have a lower rating and I think that would cause it to not have a premium put on it.
    Buying 1957 Baseball PSA 8 or higher. Especially Checklists, and Contest Cards. Topps1957psa8set@aol.com
  • Options

As long as there are plenty of 8-NQ out there, a 9-oc offers little value above a 7. If I'm not mistaken that card #392-Tribe Thumpers has at least 18-20 copies in a straight 8. I'd guess the retail is about $8-12 max.