Home PSA Set Registry Forum

66 football done at last :)

just finished off my 66 topps football set as well as the funnyring set from same year .i know most of you guys are baseball diehards and this is a small set by baseball standards but trust me was harder then it looks the woodgrains are tough as are the funnyrings i think they are harder to find in high grade. anyway all that is left now is a few upgrades to 8,s and always looking for 9,s any help anyone can give please email me ,well thanks for taking to time to read this i just feel like a new dad had to tell someone image lol PS PREY FOR THE REDSKINS WE NEED IT

Comments

• wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

SKINSFAN - Great job !

These 1960's football sets are tough.
    Since it's hard, if not impossible, to find most of cards you need already graded,
    it's buy raw and submit for almost all the cards in the sets.

Hats ... err I mean ... helmets off to you !

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Way to go SkinsFan! That's the toughest football set of the 60's due to those woodgrain borders and also needing the #15 Funny Ring Checklist (only time an insert checklist has ever been part of a regular set) which all kids threw away since it wasn't a "football" card. Also, having 9 of the 42 PSA 9s ever graded in the set is pretty impressive as well! Your Funny Ring set is just incredible -- 8.21 rating, all 8 PSA 9s in existence and 1 of the 2 PSA 10s. Nice job and keep on upgradin'!

Kevin
  • FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Skinsfan - Congrats!

Its not so much the sport - but the effort! And finding football in that condition is a lot tougher than finding baseball!
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Good Job . I cant even imagine completing a vintage set. image
    x
  • dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    SKINSFAN,

Congratulations! That is an extremely difficult task! Vintage football cards are very tought to find in high grade -- especially '66 Topps Football. You have every reason to be proud!

Good luck on your '68 Topps Football Set! image
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    SKINS - congratulations.

Stonegate - '71 Topps baseball included the Topps Coins checklist as part of the regular set.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Way to go Skinsfan!

That Namath must have cost a pretty penny too. CONGRATS!!
  • Skinsfan- Great Job! Keep us posted on your other sets
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Art:

Congrats on finishing it up. I know you have the wonderful joy of satisfaction of finally finishing yours up.

Now it is on the the chore of upgrading the set. This is where it will start to get expensive.

A job well done.

Rob Ruth
    Owner of the #1 1955 AA FB Set
    My Set

Oh I almost forgot.

GO EAGLES image

Philadelphia Eagles 37
    Washington Redskins 7

• ROB I LIKED YOU UNTIL THAT EAGLES SCORE POST LOL
  • Art:

I thought you would like that image

Rob
  • so whats your overall grade? who are the dealers that have the best football stuff? (raw or psa graded)
  • Skinsfan

Well done!!!!

Outstanding!!!!!

Way to stay the course!!!
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com