Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Congrats to Wayne8348 on completing his 1965 set !

Also, thanks for taking the time to put up pics !

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"

Comments

• Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    Wayne!!!!! Congrats, 100%. WOWimage
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Congrats Wayne!

Super feat! With 598 cards and that GPA thats a heck of an accomplishment on a beautiful set!
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    That's awesome Wayne! I love the '65 set.

• Options
    Congrats on putting together a fabulous set!
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Wayne - Congratulations! I know how tough that bad boy is to complete, so you have my admiration. I hope to join the ranks of the complete '65 crowd in 2003, although I will be miles away from your GPA...jay
  • Options
    i have delt with wayne before and he is a first class guy. congrats wayne thats an awesome set and im glad your 100% complete!image

Check out my new web site: Monsters of the Gridiron
  • Options

Now that's what I call a NICE SET of baseball cards. 100% well into the 8+ category. You must feel like a weight has been lifted from your shoulders. Best to you on your other sets, but this one is your crowning achievment.
  • Options
    Hey guys,

I really appreciate it. Finishing this set is better than se_ I mean sleep. I've spent the last 26 months working almost everyday to complete this set in psa 8 or better or you're right toppsgunn it does feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I really appreciate all of the help the other 65 collectors have been in helping find cards for my set such as Jay Wolt, Brian Scantland, John Basilone, and Dan Schatzeder in selling me the final 2 cards. I don't care what anyone says - having your sets available for the public to see is VERY helpful in completing a set and I can't think of a single instance where it cost me money. That being said I'm ready to dive headfirst into another set so I can get this same rush in another couple of years.image

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • Options

Great job Wayne. That is a nice acomplishment I know you have worked very hard on this set. Good luck with your next adventure and thank you for 68 9's it helped me knock on the door for number 3. I just got 5 10's and this should be enough to get to the number 3 spot.

Dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    Wayne,

Super job! I can see you've gone from the "strictly 8" strategy to gradually upgrading your set with 9's. I agree that adding scans is really nice. Keep up the good work!

Congratulations!

Dan
  • Options
    Congrats Wayne!!

I know that you have been looking long and hard to find those last few cards, it's great to see that you finally found then. So, whats the next set that you're going to "dive headfirst into?"
  • Options
    My next set will be the 74 Topps Baseball. I'm going to try and complete it by the end of next year in psa 9's and 10's. I've bought a couple of smaller collections the past couple of weeks and have 120 psa 9's and 17 psa 10's so I'm off to a good start. Anybody wanting to sell any high grade 74's please get with me.

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football