Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1974 Topps PSA 10s direct sale or E-Bay

I just got back my most recent submission of 74 Topps from PSA. It includes 10 PSA 10s and 40+/- PSA 9s. Is it worth while trying to sell these cards directly to the set registry owners, or should I just jump on E-Bay and let the bids fly? I'm a set regestry owner (1980 Topps N0. 2 all time set), so I would prefer to do the other set regestry owners a favor, but do you/they want unsolicited inquiries by people selling cards?image
I need that 69 Bench ASimage

Comments

• Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    If a registry member posts his email address to the public, then it is perfectly acceptable to send them an offer. I am sure they would appreciate the consideration.
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Agreed -- Contact them first. Have a set price when you make an offer to them. Don't play them off of one another in an attempt to drive up the price. If you e-mail everyone at once, let them know that everything is "first come -- first served".
  • Options
    acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    I looked at the registry and now that Carlos is gone...who would you email? The next best quality set is hovering around 30%. I think EBAY might be your best avenue.Link to 1974's on registry I am not saying ignore the registry, however, there are quite a few PSA 10 collectors that might be better suited to coughing up the money.

Regards,

Alan
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    I agree w/ Acowa, give eBay a shot. Not only will you have the 1974 set collectors drooling for them but many type collectors that would love to obtain a near 30 year old PSA-10. And don't discredit the team collectors especially if any of the players are Yankees, Cubs, Dodgers, Mets etc.. ...jay
  • Options
    acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    Here's a link to people that I would email Link to previous PSA 10 sales on EBAY

Regards,

Alan
  • Options
    JeffVn,

I bought 3 of the last 5 psa 10's on ebay. My set is not registered yet but please drop me a note letting me know how much you want for your 10's and your 9's. I might be interested in all of them.

Thanks,

Wayne
    wayne840@insightbb.com
    1955 Bowman Football
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Jeff:

Please drop me a line -- I am interested in any Phillies cards -- or any star/HOF'ers from 1974 that are available in PSA 10. I pay more aggressive prices than you may realize on Ebay or elsewhere.

Happy Collecting:

Marc Schoenen
    schoenen@yahoo.com
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses. It looks like I may have a buyer for 95% of the lot. Even if that falls through, you're suggestions were helpful and appreciated.image
    I need that 69 Bench ASimage

• Options
    Jeff, if you don't mind sharing, what was the source that produced all those 10's???