Home U.S. Coin Forum

Something different - how many pets do you have

O-kay I know this is not coin related but we have done everything else at least once or more and its time for something new. So a list of pets is what i'm looking for here.

I have 4 dogs and a cat. Three are border collies and the other is a Pembroke welsh corgi. I work with a Border collie Rescue group doing foster care so most of the time I have 5 dogs around. We just placed one last week so the house is quiet now ( yeaaa right ).

Dan

U S NAVY WITH PRIDE
U S Navy Retired 22 years - ENC(SW) Ret. - Travling Nuclear Maintanence Contractor - Working Indian Point Nuclear plant Buchanan New York

">Franklin Halves
">Kennedy Halves

Comments

• LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have two kids.

I'd actually like to get a shar-pei but I think my wife might blow a gasket if I do. She won't say anything if I spend hundreds or even a thousand on coins (as long as we can still pay the other bills) but a dog will send her over the edge. I'll leave well enough alone.
  • three kids & one wife

B.
    A Fine is a tax for doing wrong.
    A Tax is a fine for doing good.
  • tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    One 5 year old boy and a most wonderful wife.

Tom
    Tom

• 2 Girls 4 & 2
    1 Husband
    1 Chinese Shar Pei Dog

• I have a Shar-Pei and you don't want one. Lots and Lots of medical bills for her. They are a tough breed. But we love her.

Lori
  • calgolddivercalgolddiver Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    one wife (thank goodness - couldn't imagine more than one !!)
    two kids - sometimes two too many !
    one hermit crab (4 years old !) - not much trouble - have seen it molt 4 times - that's pretty cool.
    newest addition - 11 week old portugese water dog - our newest kid - and I thought two kids was enough !
    Top 25 Type Set 1792 to present

Top 10 Cal Fractional Type Set

successful BST with Ankurj, BigAl, Bullsitter, CommemKing, DCW(7), Elmerfusterpuck, Joelewis, Mach1ne, Minuteman810430, Modcrewman, Nankraut, Nederveit2, Philographer(5), Realgator, Silverpop, SurfinxHI, TomB and Yorkshireman(3)

• 66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    I grew up on a farm and have had my fair share of pets, whether it be mine or my families. Now that I live in town with a small yard and respiratory problems I chose to go with warm water tropical fish. I have one 100 gallons show tank with a colorful group of African cichlids, and one gravelless 50 gallon tank to raise the food. If set up correctly and in the right environment fish can be very low maintenance. I have had my large tank up for two years now and have never had to clean it, and it is still crystal clear. Though they did not give you the love and affection a four-legged critter would they are still quite peaceful to watch.
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • cachemancacheman Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭
    one Blue-Heeler/Border Collie mix dog
    one cat
  • I have 2 dogs one of wich is a 140 pound german german shepphard that has a loud bark but is harmless. We have 5 cats, 4 of which found us, and 2 birds. My wife wants another dog and bird.
  • 5 Cats, 2 Dogs, 4 aquariums with fish, 1 aquarium with frogs, 4 children and a wife !

and a partridge in a pear tree (just kidding).

I have been thinking about charging admission to the zoo so that I can buy more coins! image
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • None.
    Last pet I had was a German Shepherd Dog. Bit 3 kids, so I took it out back the house and blew it's brains out.

Ray
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    1 mini doxie
    1 ugly cat
    2 girls
    1 boy
    1 wife
  • GeomanGeoman Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭
    I dog (a Brittnay), 4 fish, 1 wife, and 2 kids (ages 2 1/2 and 6 months). Now, how much time does that leave for coins?

-Geoman
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Just one; an insane mutt cat that I rescued in front of a grocery store right before she was headed to the pound. She was the last of a litter of nine, the ugly one that nobody wanted. I named her Seven.

She lives on top of the door.image

Russ, NCNE
  • 2 Coc katoos, 1 Eclectus Parrot, 2 Boa Constrictors and 9 Pythons but 6 of those are babies that I'm raising to sell.
  • 1 big-ass Akita

What else do you need?

Av.
    No sane man will dance. - Cicero
  • I got married last year. I had a cat at the time and my new wife had allergies. She wanted to know if it was okay to bathe the cat. I told her it was fine with me. She bathed the cat on Friday and again on the following Friday. The cat died before the third Friday came around. I now tell folks my wife bathed my cat to death. Actually the cat was 14 years old and had kidney failure but the bath story is too good to pass up. I don't have any pets now, but I do still have the wife and I bathe her regularly.
    Buy the coin...but be sure to pay for it.
  • clw54clw54 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just one; an insane mutt cat that I rescued in front of a grocery store right before she was headed to the pound. She was the last of a litter of nine, the ugly one that nobody wanted. I named her Seven.

She lives on top of the door.image

Russ, NCNE >>

Doesn't look ugly to me.
  • 3 cats
    2 Nigerian Goats
    11 Holland Lops
    2 Quail
    6 Pheasants
    6 Rhode Island Reds
    7 Rainbow Trout

• RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    clw54,

She was ugly when she was a kitten. Her body was much smaller, but her head just as big.image

Russ, NCNE
  • One kid, and two wives...ooopss, scratch that...two kids, one wife. To boys, Matthew and Jonathon 5 and 4 (tomorrow) respectively.

We have a mix shephard dog, named winnie

morris <><
    "Repent, for the kindom of heaven is at hand."
    ** I would take a shack on the Rock over a castle in the sand !! **
    Don't take life so seriously...nobody gets out alive.

ALL VALLEY COIN AND JEWELRY
    28480 B OLD TOWN FRONT ST
    TEMECULA, CA 92590
    (951) 757-0334

www.allvalleycoinandjewelry.com
  • I have a mini-lop eared rabbit and a mixed Pomeranian/Chihuahua/Dacshund dog .
  • Cats: 8 (all inside) - including 1 mother and her 4 kittens (now 2 yrs old), and a large black and white named "Bear". There are also some homeless outside cats we take care of.

Fish: A 20 gallon freshwater tank of 13 fish (last I counted).

Humans: Several image

"Buy the coin, not the holder"

Proof Dime Registry Set
  • 1 - Dog, a Spoodle (part spaniel-part poodle), named Andy. A shelter dog that latched on to me the second he saw me and hasnt let go since.

2 - Guinea Pigs, both females, yes, I know.. I prefer to call them Alternative Lifestyle Guinea Pigs, or Guineas that Love Women's Golf. They are hoping to adopt.

No kids, no wife (a few ex's in there somewhere and always looking for the next former mrs. K.)

"I dont get married anymore, every ten years I just buy a house for a woman I hate."

Kris

"I haven't understood anything since "Party" became a verb."

"I think I have finally lived long enough to realize that the big man in the sky aint talking" Ogden Nash

"When all you got is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"
  • DoubleDimeDoubleDime Posts: 629 ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I think this place is a "ZOO".
    3 - cats
    2 - hamsters
    1 - guinea pig
    1 - bird

At college my oldest daughter has a fish and lizard.

During the summer we also fostered a mother cat and 7 kittens from the S.P.C.A.
  • leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had two guinea pigs a few years back until my wife became asthmatic from them. Yep, it's a unfortunate thing to happen. After her first attack while sitting in the hospital room, it wasn't until
    I read up on the stack of brocheres they give you, that the oil on the skin of exotic animals is the cause of 50% of all asthma patients.

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• 1- Gizmo bird
    1- Sully bird
    1- Icus bird
    1-Pierre dog
    1- Mr.Ferret ferret
    1 DAMMIT GIRL!!!!! SEPT.25,2003
    2nd DAMMIT GIRL!!!!! DEC.7,2003
    Got another dammit girl but don't remember when.
    1 Your a BRAVE soul AWARD from MRKELSO
    reedleslie.com
  • 09sVDB09sVDB Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭
    One Wife & one girl 8
  • EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a beautiful little dog-ter who will be 3 this December. She's half C{o}cker Spaniel, half Shih-tzu.

She's great. She's more important to me than my coins...

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• CLASSICSCLASSICS Posts: 1,164 ✭✭
    3 beagles. they eat like hogs, pig the bed at night, always seem to have to go do-do outside, bark at anything thats bigger than a fly, and greet me like a king when i come home. and have filled my life with happiness.
  • One dog- Kirby. He is a terrier mix and the best little dog I've ever had.
    careful- that light at the end of the tunnel might be a freight train!
  • I've got a Maltese and Bichon

imageimage
    Take a Look at My Auctions TOO My Auctions
  • 1jester1jester Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭
    At the moment, I've got 2 female cats: one red Somalian (who's pregnant), and her half sister, who's half silver Persian. Nice entertainment. Their names are EZ and Ryder.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • I think I won. image

Just kidding... but we've got a crapload of animals here.
  • I have one cat, a beautiful jet black Bombay who is now very excited to have me back home. (I'm able to walk well enough now that I was able to move out of the carpet shop and back home Monday. I'm back riding my moped again and I started driving again yesterday. Still having a little trouble with the clutch in the truck.)

My cat spends a lot of time on top of the door as well.
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 giant day gecko (just like the geico gecko! scary resemblance they are so alike!)
    1 fire-bellied newt
    1 california yellow-bellied newt
    1 guinea pig (my big Speedy... he squeaks a lot image)
    1 sulcatta tortoise baby... now smaller than my palm, 200-400 lbs and 30 inches in 50 years image Turns two in November... here is a pic of what he looks like (from the store I got him from, not him exactly) just like my spot
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You all heard the joke:

The reporter asked the priest, the minister and the rabbi the philosophical and timely question in this debate about abortion; "When does life begin?"

The priest responded: "Without question, life begins at conception." The minister replied, "For us, life begins at birth."

The rabbi regarded the reporter solemnly: 'Life begins," he said, "when the old dog dies and the last kid moves out."

Our dog has died, and the last kid has moved out. We have NO pets! Donna and I are really living! image
  • BearBear Posts: 18,953 ✭✭✭
    Counting the spiders in the house ,200 -300 at least that I know of personally. Bear
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file