Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Should CU allow the anonymous posting of sets to the Registry?

While I prefer that sets have their cards listed, I understand why people often don't. But what is the rationale for allowing anonymous sets? What if an award winner is anonymous? If you don't want people to know you have a set, why list it at all?

What do you think?
Ole Doctor Buck of the Popes of Hell

Comments

• Options
    There are many members that would
    NOT register their sets IF they had to
    "reveal their hand" so to speak.

PSA is not ignorant to this, and the fact
    that in most cases, these are the
    BIGGEST collectors in the game!

So the phrase "Don't bite the hand that feeds"
    comes to mind.

imageimage
  • Options
    Buckwheat> Even if you list (all) your cards anonymously, I can assure you it will not take long for the serious set builders to figure out who you are. As soon as you win a pop-1 or pop-2 card on eBay and add it to your set, people can see that and put two and two together.

You can always put your set up without showing your card list - only your completion percentage and GPA. I think that's about as anonymous as it gets right now.

Now. . .I've found that the advantages of listing my set far outweigh the drawbacks. I know I've been offered cards/deals that I would not have gotten had my set/want list not been available. Obviously everyone has their own situation.

Mike
    So full of action, my name should be a verb.
  • Options
    i know i have had cards bid up on me or stated at a real high price because my set was able to be seen so it goes both ways
  • Options
    Anonymous is fine - at first my sets were anonymous, now I just hold back from listing cards I think might impact how people list.

But like mcastaldi says, those sets that are anonymous are missing out on some buy and sell offers.