Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

ANACS Charging for Variety Verification

Their web site now lists a charge of $1 for Variety Verification. At that rate it is only $2 more expensive to have PCGS do your varieties.

Comments

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's one area I appreciate with ANACS. They KNOW their varieties! I trust them in this area more than PCGS.

peacockcoins

• Options
    gmarguligmarguli Posts: 2,226 ✭✭
    At Long Beach the ANACS grader sid that they couldn't keep up with all the varieties and they didn't care. They didn't care that they messed up the variety attribution on some coins and said when you figure it out let us know. image

I just wish NGC would be more open to listing non-major varieties.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's disapointing to read. I thought higher of ANACS than that. Here's hoping that was just that one grader's opinion and not the policy of the whole organization.

Each service has their nitch. I think of ANACS as knowing their varieties and error coins.

peacockcoins

• Options
    I don't believe that PCGS will attribute anywhere near the range of varieties that ANACS does.
  • Options
    I sent in a 2center to them back in Aug., and noticed they charged for variety. I think it is 6 bucks for error, though. Can't remember. image

B.
    A Fine is a tax for doing wrong.
    A Tax is a fine for doing good.
  • Options
    It's not unreasonable to pay for added service. Now if you should want the correct variety on the slab, either do your own research or have SEGS slab your coin.
    PCGS graders seem to be the best in the business at grading, but the poorest at variety attribution.

Ray
  • Options

<< <i>At Long Beach the ANACS grader sid that they couldn't keep up with all the varieties and they didn't care. They didn't care that they messed up the variety attribution on some coins and said when you figure it out let us know. image

I just wish NGC would be more open to listing non-major varieties. >>

Hmmm! Thats wierd!

They were very interested and open to teach at the ANA NY show about varietys. Never had I had a bad experience with ANACS, but I deal with Mike Farone only. image

Sorry to hear that Greg. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file