Home U.S. Coin Forum

Hey RUSS, check it out

Russ, check this auction out! I'd been dying to tell you about it sooner, but didn't wanna be out-sniped! image Well, I won, we'll see what it looks like when it gets here image

Comments

• RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    I already had the auction in my watch list. No worries about me sniping anything from him, as this seller tried to screw me and is my one and only negative. He retaliated after I waited two months and multiple eMails for an item I paid for, finally got fed up and negged him. He won't be getting my business.

I hope it looks as good in person. If it does, it's an excellent score.

Russ, NCNE
  • robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    Ouch, wish I knew that before I bid. Hopefully it was a fluke. If not, I have no qualms about creating new ID's to bid on his crap and neg him.
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Robert,

I don't think he set out to screw me, I think he had a brain fart and forgot to ship. But, when I called him on it he tried to cover his tracks by claiming he had shipped, and then he shipped me an empty envelope. When I nailed him on that, he produced two postal receipts as an attempt to prove his case, but both were from other auctions I had won from him. When he couldn't produce any receipts or evidence for the auction in question, he finally realized I wasn't going to fade quietly in to the night, and shipped me my product.

Would have been no problem at all if he had simply said "hey, my brain shut down, I forgot", instead of trying to play CYA.

Russ, NCNE
  • robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    I remember that story, but I don't think you ever revealed the name of the seller. I suppose I coulda just looked at your feedback history huh? Well, he has overall great feedback so it could have been just that, a brain fart.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file