Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

By the time I get done I'll have arms like mongo

I just spent the last 3 hours putting quarters into 2x2s and then crimping the staples. My right arm feels like it
is on fire. I can't wait for this weekend when I start the mercurys. 200 down 300 to go, maybe I should start
buying flips. image

Scott M
Scott M

Everything is linear if plotted log-log with a fat magic marker

Comments

• Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or you'll have carple tunnel syndromeimage
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't there some type of staple gun that crimps as it is used? I've seen some used by Dealers, but don't know if the stapler itself was different or the staples used.

peacockcoins

• Options
    TheNumishTheNumish Posts: 1,628 ✭✭
    I use a self crimping stapler. You can get it from South Park Coins in Forney, TX or Kelgory Coin Supply. I think Kelgory's web address is www.kelgory.com.
  • Options
    I use one of those self crimping staplers myself and it works great. Paid $19 for it and $5 for the box of staples, but all of your 2x2's will stack and the staples come flat on the back so no chance for scratches.
  • Options
    aaaaaaahhhhhhh,, I used to feel your pain. Slabs are so much more fun.
    I will never see a staple again (*_*)
  • Options
    what do you do about the coins that you cherrypick to send in yourself wingedliberty? don't tell me you only buy slabbed?
  • Options
    Kointainer non-pvc 2x2 twin pocket clear flips. very nice. $12 for a box of 100 ,plus a very
    nice foot long red box. Coin World sells them.
  • Options
    Where did you get that stapler Andy? At that price I want one.

Scott M
    Scott M

Everything is linear if plotted log-log with a fat magic marker
  • Options
    From the local dealer here, he ordered me one and one for the shop, and that was the price in the catalog he ordered from. I will ask him this Saturday where he ordered it and let you know, as that is my first day I will be able to make it by there.
  • Options
    andy,
    you should buy a bunch of them and put them up for sale here $15.00 and on e-bay $35.00image
  • Options
    I think if you spend that much time stapling 2X2's you get arms more like Popeye's than Mongo's.
    My Barbers
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always wanted one o' dem fancypants, self-crimping staplers. But I went to flips, instead (or slabs, for the better stuff).

What do you crimp with? I use a pair of pliers, on the rare occasions when I use 2 X 2's.

Recently, somebody shipped me a coin that was in a cardboard 2 X 2 with slightly rounded corners, and no staples. Self-adhesive, apparently. I thought that was pretty nifty.

I guess I'm behind the times, huh? image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file