Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Joy Joy - My childhood collection!

My grandmother just dug out my childhood coin collection and sent it to me!

I was going through it remembering going through random change and thinking how lucky to find a wheat or pre 1965 silver! Man, back in the days where you had a 50/50 chance of finding a wheat or silver in any handful of change were awesome! (I'm 30 for perspective)

The whole collection is worth a hundred at the most, probably less, but to me its priceless!

I'll have to put a picture of my old Mercury's they all have this similiar toning which I haven't seen before. Unfortunately they are all also Fine or worse condition.

I'll have to quit typing now as the tears of joy are streaming image

Comments

• Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

Neato! Now if you realize you have a 1913 liberty nick, you'll have to decide to keep the sentimental value, or take the cash... image

am
    100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    Why would I want the cash? I'd just buy more coins anyway image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file