Home U.S. Coin Forum

Article about mint changing designs

Here is an article from Salon.com about the mint considering changing designs. Thought it was interesting.link

Comments

• TV's on in the other room and I just heard CBS do a news report on this. They said they're considering design change but will not change shape and I think metal content. All we want is design change, cool your jets "Big Boys making the decisions".
  • Interesting article. I've been seeing a lot of talk about this. I have a feeling that these design changes are going to be tied in legislation for a while.

"Buy the coin, not the holder"

Proof Dime Registry Set
  • Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭
    What ever happened to the 9/11 half dollar redesign? Did it die in committee?
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • TheNumishTheNumish Posts: 1,628 ✭✭
    If they ever make a commem for the Pentagon they should have it shaped like a pentagon. That would be different.
  • I think it would be interesting to see the return of some old designs. I’d love to see some shiny, new flowing hair halves or bust quarters in my change.

Dan
  • Here is a quote for Fox news on this subject.

<< <i>The task force suggested "a 50-state bird circulating commemorative coin program'' for the back of the dollar coin, known as the Sacagawea or the Golden Dollar for its golden color. That change would require congressional approval, the report said. Mint officials said it was premature to discuss how a 50-state bird program might work. >>

Stupid Idea IMO.

On another note,
    Why does everyone want to dredge up all the old designs to use over? The old designs are part of our coinage history and should stay that way. Is there no imagination or creativeness left in this world. Look at the state quarters, if it was not for state shapes the whole program could have failed.image
    Bill

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file