Home U.S. Coin Forum

GSA CC Morgans, Opinions please..

Does anyone have an idea as to what the average GSA CC Morgan would be? Any idea as to what the average grade would be? I saw an auction on Ebay and the seller seems to be clueless and can't provide a really close scaan. Thanks, matt

Comments

• Mat,

I'm no expert but there can be VERY good grades - it's just a Morgan dollar that is uncirculated but some of these can be in excellent condiditon.

Click on the auction below for the Morgan 1884 CC.

I think a lot of these were sold by the Mint and were popular so a l;ot of "unknowing" people have them and don't know what they are worth.

Good luck,
    Mike
    "spare change? Nahhhhh...never have any...sold it all on E-bay..."
    see? My Auctions "Got any 1800's gold?"
  • dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭
    Matt,

The average grade of most GSA CC dollars out there is probably between MS61 and MS63. THe most available date is the 1884-CC, followed by the 1883-CC and 1882-CC. For an average 84-CC or 83-CC GSA coin in MS62 or so, expect to pay about $75.00-$90.00

There are of course better date GSA CC's available, as well as better grade CC GSA coins available, but they will be more expensive and not as easy to locate.

Dragon
  • stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I collect these gsa's. Alot of them are baggy. A lot of the real nice ones are tucked away. Be picky and if you have to pay a little more for a nice one it's a good idea.

stman
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Kingmatt,

I was going to post my opinion but after reading Dragon's post, there's really nothing for me to add. He pretty much hit the nail on the head!!!

Good luck!

GSAGUY
  • Thanks guys. Thats a real eye opener. I would have thought that the grades would have been a llittle better, being tucked away and all that. Matt
  • jharjhar Posts: 1,126
    Tucked away, they were, but they were normal circulation strikes and they were produced in the normal manner and stored as simple Morgan dollars. They were uncirculated but they probably got banged around a lot.

J'har

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file