Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Quite possibly the best way to tick me off...

airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
So there I was... watch in hand, two browsers open, ready to use my rifle at the auction... I see there are 5 seconds left, and I hit place bid... good, right?

WRONG!

Just after I hit bid, I get Microsoft's stupid message that "Internet Explorer Unexpetedly Crashed- would you like to send an error report?"

I didn't want to send any stupid error report; I WANTED MY BID TO BE PLACED!!!

Since there wasn't any time to place another bid with IE having to restart, I slowly opened my MY eBay page and, lucky for Bill Gate's neck, I got the auction at $4 below my snipe image

Jeremy

PS- Bill, I'm watching YOU!
JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research

Comments

• Options
    Use Netscape. A much more stable and robust browser. I just upgraded to 7.0 and it has been
    amazingly stable. I have had way too many crashes with IE to use it for anything, and the security is among
    the worst I have ever seen.

Scott M
    Scott M

Everything is linear if plotted log-log with a fat magic marker
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate Netscape... when you are on a form, I hate clicking "send." Normally with IE just hit enter and it goes image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    Jeremy,

I hate that! I am assuming you are using a PC running windows. I have been a PC user forever and just bought my first Macintosh, you know, that cute little round one with a long arm and the screen on it. Since I've had it, I have not had (1) IE crash....

I better shut up now as I don't want a MAC vs. PC debate to start up. That may be worse than the PCGS vs. NGC debates! image

Although, I would have to admit that it would be an interesting study to see if computer preference and third party grading company preference have any correlation. image

Glad you won your bid!

Andy
    We are finite beings, limited in all our powers, and, hence, our conclusions are not only relative, but they should ever be held subject to correction. Positive assurance is unattainable. The dogmatist is the only one who claims to possess absolute certainty.

First POTD 9/19/05!!

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Live by the MS sword, die by the MS sword! Wouldn't use a Mac either, no Mac vs. MS debate here.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    Try the new freeware web browser "Mozilla".....it supposed to be killer and its free.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate some of those little balls of MS brimstone like that, that flare up in my own private little IE hell.

But I also hate sudden changes, and having to relearn a new browser or operating system or whatever. Tech-savvy I am not. I turned my fear, loathing, and distrust of computers into an enthusiasm for what they can do, but the old computophobe inside me still controls me now and then...

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file