Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Merc guys.Check out this one I picked up tonight.

I cant attach a link but it's ebay item # 1377706351.Its not a FB so it wont fit to well in my set ( Mr. Jones collection ) but I just couldnt pass it up for the price and the toning.I think I will start a non-FB set just to give this one a home image

Comments

• Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aaron:

Darn Nice Dime !! I was trying to figure out how I missed that then saw you hit the BIN. Here is the link I hope. Aarons Dime

Here is the one I snagged. Does the Auction look familiar. Sorry but I wanted this. Hope the Dime is Much better than the sellers scan. Kens Dime

Edit: Forgot Killer Target Tone...Hmmm ...Well sort of.

Ken
  • Options
    Ken

Nice job on the 19 P.Hopefully it will have some sweet toning.

Aaron
  • Options
    Aaron and Ken, Nice pickups !

Waltimage
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coins. Couldn't see the 19. Even the holder was toned.

Jon
  • Options
    Would You say Aaron bought the Coin and Ken bought the Toned Plastic ?? Sure appears that way to myself. Aaron shows restraint, Ken has Nada, Zip, Zero Zilch, and all of the other adjectives when buying Adolph's Ladies. image

Ken
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice looking '39-S, Aaron. It took a little over 3 hours for that one to sell. I'll' bet there are a few other Merc collectors that would've bought it if they'd seen it in time. Good catch!

Ken, I hope you post a pic of that '19-P when you get it, so we can see what it really looks like. I tried to lighten up and enlarge the pic (see link below), and it appears to have some rim toning. That should make you happy. You got a good deal on it. Congrats.

Jim

Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    A 1939-S Merc in MS 67? Nice. I've got a Full Band in 65 here for your viewing pleasure. There won't be a BIN price for this one image
  • Options
    Carl,
    I will take the the 39S....image
    Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Carl,

Nice 39-S. That will look good in your set Dennis.

Jon
  • Options
    A tip for you guys. The seller Aaron bought his dime from seems very good to me. I bought a type coin from him,paid for it and had it in my hands in 3 days. He is in Texas and I am in Oregon. Coin was excellent and the Service was outstanding.

Jim:

Through the Toned Plastic I thought I saw some Rim Tone also. That was one of the Reasons I stuck with this Auction. If it is anything like the 20P that Dennis sold me I will be highly pleased. I never Post pictures so you guys will just have to imagine what it looks like.

Also for you guys that have not bought from Carl. Great seller that will describe the coin Exactly as it is. Excellent Service also.

Dennis:

Wow !! Carls post almost made it up here for 10 minutes before you got the dime. Nice Job. Did not know you were in the market for a 39S. Check one of Carls posts early in the week and saw the Dime. Maybe the Merc people need something to let each other know what they are after. Here is Mine. 1925D MS63/64 FB. Not the one at Whitlow though.

Ken
  • Options
    Thanks for the nice words Ken. I try to be accurate, but am still learning.

Dennis proves that those who snooze, lose image
  • Options
    Ken,
    If it will upgrade my set to 65FB, white as that one is, and got it at a decent price....I will make provisions some how to buy it...(ANYONE IN THE MARKET FOR A FULL SET OF INDIAN HEADS PENNIES, INCLUDING THE FLYING EAGLES?) Nice circulated set.

I am willing to sell all of my sets to fill that merc set..lol...... I made a list of the dimes I was looking for several months ago....I will include it here...
    the coins that I still need to upgrade can be seen on the registry...but I would like to fill the 1930P, 1930S, 19331, 1931S,1936D, 1945P (wish), and the 45Smicro. I cant obviously buy them right now, but would like to find nice white coins to hope for. I am bidding on the 35D tonight, so dont get any ideas guys!
    imageimage

Everyone Please be safe on Labor Day, and have fun with your families!!!!!!!!!
    Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
  • Options
    Congrats Guys! image

Three nice coins, and three more examples of me snoozin' and losin'! imageimage

Hope everyone is enjoyin' a safe and fun weekend.

Don

Winged Liberty, and
    FULL Heads RULE!
  • Options
    DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    And here I was travelling and missed the 39-S No Bands coin!!! I would really like to upgrade my 66 (which is nice, but lags the rest of my set. And who is driving up the price on the 36-S on the Heritage site?? Nice coin and good catch on the BIN price! Remember me if you ever decide to upgrade to a FB coin.
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.