Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

The 1967 set registry standings are pretty impressive...

Just reviewed many of the fine sets in the pre-war and post-war eras. However, it is intriguing that despite accomplishing 100% completion the beat goes on in many years. Its awesome seeing the neck-to-neck "chess game" evolving in the 1967 rankings [The best set of the 60's by the consensus of many]. Its clear that Joel Grabelow has one of the finest sets in the world. However, jwmerrill and markel are lurking not far behind and exhibit no intentions of stopping! Are they waiting for Joel to break the set up in order to pounce to the top? Will the pursuit culminate into a war of attrition? I wish I was part of the 1967 race. Good Luck to everyone dedicated to this wonderful set!
Ron Sanders Jr.

Comments

• Options

Mitochondria,

Wanna be part of the '67 club? Make me an offer. I just turned in enough cards today in SF to put me close to 50%. If the '69 leader, the '51 B leader, 72 leader (?) can bust one up, maybe I should too. I don't think Joel & Dan are going to do anything unexpected. Can't speak for them or others, though.

I'm also loading in about 100 '65s into card saver I as I type this. Made a great find today at the show from an old friend and very helpful dealer. Not cheap, but man are these nice! I'll be shocked if I don't get 60-70% 8's.

Keep the pressure on those '69 guys. You da man.
  • Options
    toppsgun,

I have ambitions of pursuing the 1967 set someday, but not yet. In addition, my quest will probably be of the flat PSA 8 level and not the ratings that the top 3 are performing. The competition in the 1967 was pretty brutual last time I looked. Did you see the prices those guys are paying on e-Bay? It'll cost a fortune to persuade any of them to break up their sets.

Ron
    Ron Sanders Jr.
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    Mitochrondria,

The '67 set is a true classic. The prices of many 8's and higher population 9's have dropped off lately. I highly recommend the set!

Toppsgun,

Private Message me regarding how the show is going (time permitting of course). It sounds like you are doing OK.

• Options
    Toppsgun,

I was just curious - what's the name of your 67 set on the registry? I was also curious if you're sending in any of the 4 65's that I still need for grading?image

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • Options
    ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭
    I second the emotion of the '67 set. Sometimes I feel like the dog at the dinner table, waiting for the proverbial scraps to fall on the table image. Just to remain in the TOP 10 has become my goal and mantra. Agree with Dude--a SLIGHT softening finally happening with the PSA 9's of quantity. Mito--I suppose a bulk purchase of my duplicate 8's could happen. If interested, drop me a note.

E
    "...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • Options
    ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭
    Uh....Er...make that scraps falling FROM the table. image
    "...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • Options
    Wayne, "no" on the 4. They had already been pulled by the dealer (I guess), since I was the first to see it. He pulled "slam dunk" 8's and candidates for 9's. So maybe they will show up on ebay someday.

Dude, I made my first purchase from our "friend" I've never bought from before. He's now pricing raw cards, not based on what they'd bring as SMR graded cards, but what Scott B. sells ungraded stuff for! I called his hand on both "price guides" and he discounted my stack of '59s to 125% of Beckett. They're not that nice, but I was having a good show otherwise. I'll fill you in later. More vintage stuff here than I first thought. The building is one, looooooong hallway on two levels, with wooden pillars.

Everyone, I missed the National this year, so the SF show is my "national." It's interesting to meet people and find out their ebay IDs. Some are really proud of their Feeback rating. It's like a badge of honor and the topic of conversation that seems to come up. One guy thinks he could sell his ebay name (over 3,000 with no negs) for "several thousand dollars." That's what we need: an ebay auction selling ebay ID's.image

Rumor was an individual was walking around with a Babe Ruth & other Yankees signed ball. Old lacquered finish and all. I didn't see it.