Home U.S. Coin Forum

If you could have any coin

If you could only have one coin out of your collection which one would it be and why?????image

I would have to say my 1829-7 Bust Half thats in VF-25. The first time i saw that coin i was 12 years old and i thought that was the coolest thing to have two dates on a coin. After six years i was looking through this dealers coins again and he still had it so i had to have it. I traded him a 1934-D peace dollar graded pcgs ms-63 for it. Don't worry i didn't get ripped of that bad it had the uglyist toning i've ever seen, anyway i got the coin and wouldn't give it up for anything, not even a 1933 saint

Comments

• PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Oregon trail commem. I just like it.
  • mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    Matte proof 10 dollar gold Indian. There is just something about a gold matte proof Indian. And I am not a bid gold coin fan.
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    1895 Proof 66DMPL Morgan. Had one in a 62, would love a high grade one...
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• I have a 1952-D NGC MS66FBL half that has the most incredible toning I have ever seen (I will scan it and post it someday when I bring it home from the bank vault). The toning is almost hypnotic and mesmerizing. The luster is superb and the surfaces are super clean. Someday when I'm really old and ready to sell my collection all will go except this coin.

My Barbers
  • gmarguligmarguli Posts: 2,226 ✭✭
    A 1920 Pilgrim commemorative. Almost 100% red & blue on the obverse. The reverse is blue and gold. I love that coin. I got it from ANACONDA. I've been offered close to 3X what I paid but it's not ever leaving my hands.
  • AgflyerAgflyer Posts: 947 ✭✭✭
    I just loooove those state quarters!!! They're really neat. . . ooh. . . ah. . .ow. . .ok I give. . .I was just kidding. . . .image
    I've had great transactions with people like: drwstr123, CCC2010, AlanLastufka, Type2, Justlooking, zas107, StrikeOutXXX, 10point, 66Tbird, and many more!
  • toyonakatarotoyonakataro Posts: 407 ✭✭✭
    Buffalo nickel in fine condition....my first U.S coin. I got it when I was 12 or so.
    I was about to sell/trade it to get a half dime about a month ago, but glad I didn't.
  • BigD5BigD5 Posts: 3,433
    The coin that comes to mind would be a 1849/6 half dime pcgs ms/63 that has some gorgeous blue and gold toning. For now.....give me a couple of days and I'll find a different one. image

Toyonakataro, the YEAR of your coin makes a little bit of a difference, no? image What a first coin!
    BigD5
    LSCC#1864

Ebay Stuff
  • An au-55 1794 flowing hair dollar. because i need 1 to finish my type set or i could sell it and get 1 a grade lower and use the rest of the money to upgrade the rest of the coins.
  • PhillyJoePhillyJoe Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭✭
    1869 proof seated half dollar. My Kennedy proofs don't understand why this one gets special treatment.
    The Philadelphia Mint: making coins since 1792. We make money by making money. Now in our 225th year thanks to no competition. image
  • An 1893S Morgan Dollar MS65 image
    "No matter where you go, there you are"

Out of the closet Morgan loverimage
  • A matte proof 1907 high relief wire edge Saint. I think these pieces are just awesome.

Frank

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file