Home U.S. Coin Forum

Falling in Love with Toning & the Pasadena Coin Show

While I still love blast white deep cameo proof moderns, I did happen by the Pasadena show today and found some really nice silver proof toned Ikes - yeah say what you like, but I though they were beautiful and bought 6 of them - cheap! $6 per coin! Golden hues, blues, reds and greens bulls eye type of toning. Another was a pastel blue, but not hazy. Pics just don't do these coins justice. Any advice on capturing toning via digital camera would be great appreciated as well.

Attached are pics of the 2 best. The red velvet really does a nice job toning these coins!

Question for the tone heads - if I wanted these graded who should I use NGC or PCGS? All are in original holders and I would send them in that way so there will be no mistaking it for AT.

As for the show, it was small and well attended. There's another by the same people Sept 13-15th in Glendale. I think I'll wait until Long Beach though and save my pennies. Did any one else from sunny SoCal make it out to Rose Bowl country today?

Michael

MW Fattorosi Collection

Eisenhower Proofs
Sac Proofs

Comments

• braddickbraddick Posts: 23,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each service will grade and holder these for the beauties they are: Real and authentic toning (albeit somewhat commonly found for these dates in the original holders).
    Nice catch!

peacockcoins

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file