Home U.S. Coin Forum

Lincoln people.. Help with this, please look.

hello everyone... trying to figure out what happened to this poor Lincoln. I must admit that I do not have many coins earlier than 1950, but I am sure that they did not mint coin this bad back then.

I know this is not the BEST picture in the world, but my main concern is the shoulder area.. there appears to be a bunch of circular marks. To me it looks like it may have been cleaned at some point, or just poorly treated.

My guess is no more than pr63 ???

thanks
michelle

Comments

• It could be a light finger print or as you already pointed out it could be hairline from some one lightly dusting the coin off with a rag or something. I agree with you grade of PF62-PF63, but the scan is making it look worse than that!!!!! Still not a bad coin and one that most people wouldn't mind adding to their collection. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?????
  • Michelle:

It looks like a low end proof - hard to say from the picture, but it still looks like a very nice coin.

Regards,

Frank
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    is that a "problem" on the rim at 9'o' clock? almost looks like a very light clip or something.

• Here is another look... just cant get it right tonight.

• LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    I think it may have been ACG trying to bang the coin to fit in the holder. Just a thought...

David
  • It does not looked cleaned in a harsh way if you consider the quite apparent hairlines not harsh. Still gradeable I think just not very high. Its a shame, nice coin.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file