Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Kelloggs Colectors

Over the past two months since I have been using this forum as a way to get off ebay for a while and reduce my spending needs, I have slowly and surely become interested in these cards. It is almost like a cult ....

Is there anyone who has a an entire run of Kelloggs cards? I ahve a few Pete Rose, but the 70 and 71 with the Mays, Clemente's, etc seem pretty cool.

Any advice? Any dupes to sell/trade? What is the toughest obstacle and what is the toughest card? Thanks
collecting various PSA and SGC cards

Comments

• Options
    RobERobE Posts: 1,160 ✭✭
    Near complete PSA Kelloggs set

This might not be your cup of tea in terms of the year but it's a near complete set with a Rose.

I think you can probably obtain this set on the opening bid,the seller has been trying to sell this for $300 but brought it down to $275.

Question for the cereal folks.....Is this set worth the price the seller is asking for all PSA 8s?

• Options
    If all you want is a PSA 8 set then it's not a bad deal. You can find sealed sets from this year in the $10 to $15 range, but you will then have $400 in grading fees to invest. If you send them in yourself, you will get lot's of 9's and some 10's, so you will benefit in that regard.
  • Options
    1420sports - what exactly are you seeking to acquire? A graded set of Kellogg's cards for '70 or '71 or a raw set? A complete run? I have seen on Ebay sellers offering a partial run of raw sets but never a complete one.

RobE - that near set seems very reasonable, but there aren't too many '81 collectors out there. It's an extremely plentiful set so PSA 8's aren't in big demand like the '70 or '71 sets.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    The 1981 Set is a very nice set, but $275- seems pretty high for a graded set w/o Mint cards, etc. Since most PSA 9's from that set can be had for $10- or less. As noted elsewhere -- for that price, you can pretty much purchase between 20 and 30 untouched, raw sets. If you did that, you could assemble yourself a nice, complete raw MINT and GEM MINT set. The grading costs do become a factor -- but PSA 8 cards from 1981 Kelloggs will never have a huge investment potential.

MS
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    gemmint - I am looking to get every kelloggs Rose, then Schmidt, but I think I may want to try to get a run of stars in all years ... not really focused yet but like I said, this forum gets you thinkin .....

Plus, I always have liked them. If I had to choose I would say 70 looks the best.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    1420sports - what you want to do is very possible and shouldn't be terribly difficult particularly if you're looking for raw cards. If you want to have them all in say PSA 9 grade, you will need to do more work and may have to submit a few to PSA.

<< <i>Plus, I always have liked them. If I had to choose I would say 70 looks the best. >>

You're a very wise and discriminating collector image.
  • Options
    1420 Sports:

Kelloggs collecting is definitely where it's at. There may be no hotter area on the registry. I know some people that have all the baseball sets but most are in raw form. Most of the activity on the registry regards 1970. The 1970 cards are fairly plentiful. Like you said, the 1971 cards are tough to find though, from what I can gather, there's one collector who has amassed a great deal of them. As for those PSA 8's, I would definitely pass. 8's from that set are not going to satisfy you in the long run. Eventually, there will be several PSA 9 sets put together.
    1971 Kelloggs and 1961 Fleer