Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

MS-67 Red Wheat Lincolns - For Sale

Hi follow Lincoln Registry Collectors,

I will be consigning these coins to Heritage, but before I do I wanted to give you guys a shot at them. (Keep them in the family) All of these coin should get strong bidding at auction. If you would like a coin please PM me a offer. Trades for PQ MS-66 Reds with a cash offer ok.

Thanks!
Eric
Spooly
(LaurelAnn Collection)

MS-Lincolns

1909 VDB MS-67 Red PCGS
1936 MS-67 Red PCGS
1937-S MS-67 Red PCGS
1940 MS-67 Red PCGS
1942 MS-67 Red PCGS
1942-D MS-67 Red PCGS
1944 MS-67 Red PCGS
1945-D MS-67 Red PCGS
1946-D MS-67 Red PCGS
1946-S MS-67 Red PCGS
1947-S MS-67 Red PCGS
1948-S MS-67 Red PCGS
1949-S MS-67 Red PCGS
1951-S MS-67 Red PCGS
1952-S MS-67 Red PCGS
1953-S MS-67 Red PCGS
1954-D MS-67 Red PCGS
1954-S MS-67 Red PCGS
1958-D MS-67 Red PCGS
Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!

Comments

• Options
    RELLARELLA Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    Grumpy (oops I mean Spooly);

PM sent.

RELLA
    Do not fall into the error of the artisan
    who boasts of twenty years experience in his craft
    while in fact he has had only one year of experience...
    twenty times.
  • Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    I only get "Grumpy" when I get low ball offers! image

• Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    So whose was more low ball, mine or Rella?image
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    RELLARELLA Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    Brian,

I tried the lazy approach first and just asked Spooly to give me one number for all of them...no dice though so I guess I'll have to go through them all and figure out how much I'm willing to pay. Does "$10 more than the next best offer" count as an offer?image

RELLA
    Do not fall into the error of the artisan
    who boasts of twenty years experience in his craft
    while in fact he has had only one year of experience...
    twenty times.
  • Options
    I have never seen Spooly in posession of a bad copper coin, I'll give him that.
    Keith ™

• Options
    Brian I posted that to be funny. I am writing down all the bids. (I am trying to keep up!) But I will be hunting the next couple of days. Next week I have to go out of town. I will try to answer all the PM and e-mails as fast as possible. (I will be checking in)

• Options
    I honestly don't know what most of these sell for... didn't see any on e-bay or Heritage. I'm looking for a MS67 1950s wheat cent. So I made an offer on the more common 50s ones.
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need a 67 coin also but have no idea what they are worth or within the budget. Scared as Hell to offer in Fear of Spooly calling me a Putz or possibly something worse. image
  • Options
    And he has a gun and hopes to use it!
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    He hasn't responded to me eitherimage

Just tell me what you want, I'll pay it!
  • Options
    Oh that's dangerous. There go my offers!
  • Options
    My offer's off the table. I won't be shaken down.
  • Options
    I just say make an offer. Worst he can do is say no and put these up for auction. If your offer is strong, it will likely be accepted. Otherwise, compete with the others at auction.
  • Options

<< <i>Worst he can do is say no and put these up for auction. >>

Or he could take your strong offer and shop it around to other buyers until seller has had enough. Classic shakedown. Just call it an auction, not 'doing us forum members a favor'.
  • Options
    I'm sure that Spooly will respond to everyone in due time. I would imagine considering the coins he is offering, that he has been overwhelmed by the number of responses.
    Keith ™

• Options
    He has responded and my teeth are still chattering from the shakedown.
  • Options
    Here is my PM to TWQG.... the one he is upset about:

"Hi Sean,Thanks for the offer, the offers are still coming in I am writing them all down. You have be out bid by 2X. (I really didn't know how to price them so I was just going to let everyone make a offer. I should have just let them go to Heritage auction. Now I feel weird telling people they have been out bid.

Do I let people re-offer? Sounds like I am "trying" to run up the price? As a person making a offer......how do you know what the highest offer has been? You don't!

What about the members that made top offers to start with? Do I let them re-offer too?

I had good intentions..... "let my follow collectors have first shot at the coins".... seemed like the right thing to do! Now..... I think I made a mistake.

I should have sent them to Heritage or listed them on E-Bay.... let the auction thing "take over".

Eric "

TWQG wanted a reply from me(see above post)..... so I told him the truth.

I am not taking second offers, If it's a nice offer I will take it. If not I will send them to auction.

• Options
    Hey,
    Spooly what kind of hunting do you do
    Tim
    LOOKING FOR 1931-s merc that is nice for the grade and fb
  • Options
    Is this for real ?

TWQG are you Kidding with Spooly with these posts or are you serious? If you are kidding the posts are acceptable. If you are not Please get your head out of your azz because Spooly is a straight shooter and was trying to help collectors out. He is a long time board member that is held in High Esteem by all members that I know. Ask around about a person before calling the person a shake down artist. image
  • Options
    I rec'd the same PM from Spooly. I didn't take it as a shake down. I advised him to sell the coins with strong offers, send the others to auction, and welcome those who's offers were not accepted to bid on the auction. I don't expect to get it if what I'm willing to pay is below what someone else will pay.
  • Options
    Spooly,
    I read too much into your rhetorical questions. I know now that you were not trying to play offers against one another and I apologize for publicly saying that you were. Too many things get lost in such an impersonal media as typed words and real miscommunications happen even within private messages. You've demonstrated to me since our first correspondence what kind of a guy you really are and I can only hope to emulate your character. Please accept my apology.

Fairlaneman,
    The heads out, you can kiss it nowimage
  • Options
    No Thanks. You are For Sure not My Type.
  • Options
    Thanks TWQG! It was just a misunderstanding. I should have left out the rhetorical ranting.

• Options
    spooly - can I still bid (is this a bad word still) on these coins?
  • Options
    lincolnSence yes you can make a "offer" but..... only once!image

I will still be taking offers for the next couple of days. Alot of people where gone for the Holiday.