Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

FolkArtNut has done it again.......

He's offering another stupid Ebay auction.imageLink

<< <i>A Gerald Ford signed $50 Gold coin like the one shown above will be sold at public auction by Stack's in New York on September 11, 2001. >>

Hmmmm, I thought 2001 was last year? He has always seemed to appear like a crook to me.......

For some life lasts a short while, but the memories it holds last forever.
-Laura Swenson

In memory of BL, SM, and KG. 16 and forever young, rest in peace.

Comments

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I can answer his last question in his auction-a lot less than $2,000,000.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    What no bin image.?????
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle." Plato

....... bob**rgte**
  • Options
    Totally disgusting!

Anything commercial tied to 9/11/01 is a disgrace to those who died and their families. Sure they all claim to donate a portion of the proceeds to survivor funds but is there nothing sacred anymore?

What next? A coin to commemorate rape victims so we can raise funds for their therapy? How tasteless can we get?

I am all for entreprenuerism and capitalism but this is really over the top.
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    That guy's auctions are incomprehensible. If I understand correctly (no guarantees!), you are bidding on 1,000 $50 Proof Gold eagles that will be autographed - by someone. It doesn't say who! Plus you get 1,001 sculptures of an eagle but he can't show you the design right now. And an Academy Award sold somewhere for $22,000, but the relevance of that escapes me.

Look at the auction he ran recently (linked in my sig) - the title says one thing, the photo is of something else, and the actual item being auctioned isn't either of those!

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    One question. Does this man ever sell anything he lists on Ebay? And what would you get if you did bid?
    Michael
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    That's two questions, Michael. image

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options

It says "Personally autographed". I guess the seller means it is autographed by him! What a bunch of @#!@#. I wonder if someone should contact PCGS and see about getting him removed as a dealer, but I supposed it wouldn't happen.

Here is how I feel about all of this guys auctions:

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

JJacks
    Always buying music cards of artists I like! PSA or raw! Esp want PSA 10s 1991 Musicards Marx, Elton, Bryan Adams, etc. And 92/93 Country Gold AJ, Clint Black, Tim McGraw PSA 10s

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file