Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

This Bites !! No Merc Threads !!

On the First page except for one to Sell Coins.

Well here is another. I'm selling almost all of My later dates so they can be revamped into Toned Coins. What do you think ? A Dumb Azz or a Practical Azz ?

Also You Guys/Gals are Adding some Nice Coins and saying nothing. Whats up with that. Being Sneaky ? Also have seen a couple of New Sets Added. Hey if you folks are out there Introduce yourselves I would like to meet you.

Ken

Comments

• Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Wats amatta fom you Ken, You no get dime threads for a few hours and you go bannanas. Bearimage
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bear:

Just like the Morning Coffee. A Must have every day !!image Heck I was almost ready to jump back into this because of No Replys for 15 minutes. Whats wrong with the Merc Folks and Bashers ?image

Ken
  • Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    Ken,

I'll be going to Canada in a couple of weeks. Can you suggest a couple of "good years" I might use to catch the "big one".
    Dan
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken,

Looks like all of the sets in the top 7 have added coins, except for you and me.

I haven't been around much the past couple of weeks due to work and projects at home, but things are winding down now.

I'm going to be posting some Mercs for sale this weekend on the BST board. I spent more than I should have last night to acquire 3 new Mercs for my set, so some of the duplicates that I bought before entering the registry are going to be up for sale. About 20 dates from 1916-1945, even some toned ones. Mostly PCGS, but a few NGC as well. They're not coins for a top-ranking set, but nothing below MS64. This will be the first time I've sold any coins in years.

So what did I buy? David Lawrence is offering a 5% discount this weekend, and there were a couple Mercs that I had been looking at anyway, so it seemed like the time to buy. The coins are 1918-P 65FB, 1918-S in 65 (scan wasn't very good, so I'm crossing my fingers), and a 1929-S in 65FB. With luck, I'll have them by next weekend, and will post pics.

Jim

Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    Ken,
    I just came in for a few minutes from mowing that new acerage...HOT!...

Since this is a Merc thread...
    Jim: I would like anything you have in 65 or 65fb that I dont have in my set....providing they are at least white...but blast white would be nice....LOLimageimage

Back to the field....image
    Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim:

DLRC sure came up with a bunch of dates last week. I'm sure all will be just fine. I thought someone would have bought the 18S long ago. Its been on thier site for some time. The 5% helped on that one. Got it price wise back in line with the Price Guides which you know we Must Follow. image
      Now to the 29S. Fooey you beat me too it. I thought too long again. Tougher date that most think. Nice additions !!image

Dennis:

Work,Work, Work makes you old and Gray like some Oregonian I know. When you turn 55 play is more Fun. image

DAM:

Those Flashy Toned 44S and 45S ones should work fine. Sort of cheap compared to the Flashy Early lures. Do think the Early Lures will catch Trophy Fish though where the Late Lures will only catch Keepers with a very outside chance at a Trophy Fish. Do Not forget to take the Large Cents along for weight as you may need some. Also make sure You have plenty of Pocket Change for Bait purchases if the Lures do not work. (Moderns) Well have a nice time as this is all of the Advice I can render to you. Good Luck.image

Ken
    1. Options
      Okay,I had to go and buy a 20-d to keep up with Dennis,so nobody can sell
      him any more dimes because I can not afford to buy anymore now,those last
      few dates get really expensive,I hope to have the 20-d early next week(it is a blast
      white merc)image now to try to save some money before long beach just in case there
      is something in the heritage auction I could use
      Tim(The Poston Collection still chasing dennis)image
      LOOKING FOR 1931-s merc that is nice for the grade and fb