Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Need a Expert or a Opinion will do.

FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
If this problem has been posted before please just dis-reguard this. Not going to bash a grading service or belittle the grade put on this but just need to know what has happened to the Little Ladies face and what can be done about turning Her Beautiful again. I believe I know the answer too both questions but would like to confirm the present thoughts. Also have a couple of other coins that look like this. Is this a persistant problem that happens after slabbing or is this how the coin was actually slabbed ?

Thanks for your Advice and Opinions.

Comments

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    send the graders:
    1- a decongestant
    2- tissues
    3- a sneeze guard over their desk
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    Oxy, that is some bad acne. image
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Eeeeewwwww, did they charge extra for that...image
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    Fairlaneman,

How've you been? As for the girl in question, I'd ask PCGS to do the dip for me, and reholder. It should cure her measles. I would think it would be done N/C as part of the grade guarantee, but I'd bet somebody here has done the same before.
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • Options
    you boys better be careful about posting these humorous replies, or else lincolnSence and the thought police might come by and call you names and disparage your intelligence! image
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    What grade was the coin given?
  • Options
    TrimeTrime Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭
    Fairlaneman,
    I am going to offer an opinion which I do not consider expert. I will offer it to encourage responses from others.
    The bluish motled color in the center may be PVC. The coin was dipped in an attempt to clean the coin was not rinsed adequately , the coin was slabbed shortly thereafter and passed inspection or was deducted for some residue. In time the speckled appearance and the residue became increasingly obvious. If this is true then "conservation" may be difficult but worth an opinion from PCGS or NCS.
    Trime
  • Options
    A non bashing thread so the Humor is Acceptable IMO. image
      Tell me though is this a Common problem ? Is this what the Modern Guys refer to as the Haze problem ? Man if its the Haze problem now I see thier displeasure.
    1. Options
      SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
      Looks like a Merc to me.... ugly! image
      Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
    2. Options
      I refuse to be Negative after that comment !!
    3. Options
      its not haze because this is spotted might be pvc i would dip it in acetone it cant hurt.
    4. Options
      GeminiGemini Posts: 3,085
      maybe Mercury caught Hermes?
      A thing of beauty is a joy for ever
    5. Options
      GilbertGilbert Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭
      Looks like it was not adequately neutralized after a dip. Looks in jeopardy; how long did this take? I would definitely NOT leave it as is.
      Gilbert

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
    Emoji
    Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
    Drop image/file