Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

How much? 2001-P MS68 Dime! Pop11/0

StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have been looking for a 2001-P MS68 Roosevelt Dime for my collection for a while and had an offer for one at $250.00. Is this a reasonable price? Please give some advice!

Thanks, stooge!

Later, Paul.

Comments

• Options
    Hmmmm - I'd say that's anyone's guess Stooge. My best suggestion would be to go to your friendly coin dealer and pour over several mint sets to see if you find one to your liking before plunking down good money on something that might be very common - IMHO.

Frank
  • Options
    I don't know about the price. But finding a MS68 dime is no easy task. I look through mint sets every day and I have never graded one above MS67.
    (PAST) OWNER #1 SBA$ REGISTRY COLLECTOIN
  • Options
    WhitewashqtrWhitewashqtr Posts: 737 ✭✭✭
    I have a 2001-D MS68 dime for sale. $50 postpaid.
    HAVE A GREAT DAY! THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!!
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try CameoCC, or L&C coins. You can probably get one for less than $50.
    Doug
  • Options
    Thanks Doug for the lowball suggestion. $50 is a fair price for this top pop. You think someone can get it for $45? Plus shipping? How much less can one get it for? I mean..geez.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Despite the massive searches and submissions, a select few 1999-2002 pieces have proven very difficult to obtain in "pop top" grade. For example, try to locate a 2000(d) Jefferson Nickel in PCGS-MS67FS! I bought the pop 1/0 shortly after it was graded and sold it for a small profit. That customer enjoys a pop 1/0 to this day. A 2000(d) Kennedy has still not achieved an MS68 grade. The coin would likely command "four figures" and everyone out there producing coins knows it. They just can't find such a tough coin. The 2001(p) Dime has proven thus far to be the one tough dime between 1999-2002. A mere (11) coins have achieved that level. Time will tell if the pop remains the lowest of the post-state quarter era.

It is funny how some series do not receive the respect other series receive though. Stooge - I noticed you were offering a pop 36 (now pop 38) TN(d) in PCGS-MS68 on ebay at BIN for $379 a little while ago. I am not saying that is an unfair price (it is a tough coin) - but consider that coin is already a pop 38/0 and is being offered at $379, while a pop 11/0 dime is being valued at around $50 here on the boards. Which coin seems to make more sense? Clad roosie dimes are, for the most part, being ignored these days. Such was the case with silver Wash Quarters and Jefferson nickels a few years ago.

image Wondercoin.
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm...picked up an unopened shotgun bank wrapped roll of 1938-D and 1940-P Jefferson nickels. They did not come cheap. But.......they will remain unopened.

The collectors of tomorrow will bless my soul.
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am also aware of 2 unopened bank wrapped rolls of 1932-D quarters but I cannot buy them for at least another 5 to 10 years as they are in strong hands from the same family that put them away in 1932.
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options

<< <i>I am also aware of 2 unopened bank wrapped rolls of 1932-D quarters but I cannot buy them for at least another 5 to 10 years as they are in strong hands from the same family that put them away in 1932. >>

That family should send em to PCGS, even circulated, they are worth like $100. ms63's go for like $500
    and make that $5000 for ms65!
    Say no to ACG!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    >>Try CameoCC, or L&C coins. You can probably get one for less than $50.

WOW CameoCC and L&C mentioned in the same sentence about "a low price". Not saying anything about their quality, but low prices?!?!?!

CameoCC does have a MS67 not MS68 2001-d dime. It is listed at $59, so I doubt you could get the MS68 for less than $50 (and they have a 2001-P for $44, but I think a MS68 would be nuch higher)

• Options
    So $50 (POSTPAID!!) for a 2001D PCGS MS68 dime is reasonable!!

CameoCC lists this coin, as was posted, for $59 in a LESSER grade!! I couldnt even find the coin on L & C's website.

Doug, next time you make a suggestion, give some basis for doing so!!