Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

PSA "No Strike" Celebration Special

All 1980 to present Modern Baseball Cards are only $5 per card for 30 business day turnaround. GUARANTEED.

No minimum number of cards needed!

Offer expires September 15, 2002.

Click here for details

Penny
Collectors Universe

Comments

• Options
    Penny, what about Vintage? Vintage never strikes.
  • Options
    MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    Penny, what about Vintage? Vintage never strikes

I agree. Does it take more time to grade an older card? It shouldn't. An "8" is an "8" is an "8".
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • Options
    That's because the vintage keeps flowing into the grading room, the modern fluctuates with a shaky, weak market prone to the whims of those overpriced MLB players.
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    boggs301012boggs301012 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭
    You cant make all the people happy all the time. I am happy with the special. I added the 80's last month to my set I will send in a few 90's and 2000's image And a few more 80's
    x
  • Options

I'm at the SF Labor Day show. At the PSA booth on Saturday, when turning in a submission, they told me (and others), the $5. special applied to 60's and 70's as well. They changed my invoice on the spot from $6 to $5 per card.

Today (Sunday), I turned in another invoice with $5 already filled in. They changed it back to $6 saying the NO STRIKE special only applied to 80's and newer. When I inquired about Saturday's submissions, Peter said they'd honor all submissions made Saturday at $5. Said there was a communication problem in picking up the phone mail on Friday after the strike was averted.

Bonus for all who submitted invoices on Saturday. Great customer service move by PSA to stand by an obvious mistake even when it costs them something. Hey, it worked in their favor. I stayed up nearly all night putting together that 2nd invoice that I probably would have waited until end of Sept. to turn in.

Thanks go to Peter and PSA.
  • Options
    I wonder if they had a PSA "Strike" Mourning Special all ready to go in the event it had occurred.
  • Options

<< <i>I wonder if they had a PSA "Strike" Mourning Special all ready to go in the event it had occurred. >>

they were going to call it the PSA "SCABS" special!
    imageimage