Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

The registry needs to make some changes ...

It's unfortunate that when you make the contents of your set unavailable...that you also make your email unavailable as well. It would be better to have the set contents whited out but email still available. Is that possible?

Regards,

Alan

Comments

• Options
    Perhaps, you could put your email in the title of your set?

Robert

Edited to correct typo.
    Looking for:
    Any high grade OPC Jim Palmer
    High grade Redskins (pre 1980)
  • Options
    acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    That would be cool if PSA could make that the standard...it seems it would be easy to modify things to display

NAME OF SET (can be blacked out at owner option), EMAIL , COMPLETION , SET RATING

This would encourage an effective trading community. I have done several deals with various people on the registry and they wouldn't have happened if I hadn't been able to see their emails.

Regards,

Alan
  • Options
    I hate to say it, but that does make sense
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I agree with the thoughts here. There are a lot of people who don't want their sets viewed, but who would be willing to have their e-mail addy available
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Think of displaying your set as dues to the PSA Set Registry Family for putting up a registry and enabling you to engage in buying, selling, and trading. Sets on display are why people stop by, stay, and use the registry. If everybody hid their sets, the registry would be boring and useless. You want all the benefits the registry has to offer, but aren't willing to share your set like most of the other people on the registry. If you want to hide your set in the shadows, your email should be just as accessible too.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    I agree as well. I do not have the quantity or quality sets as others, but there have been several people who have helped me out because of this topic, and others have emailed back in great time with professionalism - most recently Acowa ..... and I did appreciate it.

I finally just got the high end PSA 8 Rose rookie I have been looking for!
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    waittilltheytrytogougeyou waittilltheytrytosell.
    my guess is you will start crying a different tune.
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    moot point. BJ has responded and added the requested feature.
  • Options

<< <i>I hate to say it, but that does make sense >>

Why would you HATE it?
    imageimage
  • Options
    murcerfan - It is entirely possible that somebody could attempt to gouge you for something that you need in a set. It is far more likely though that you are going to be contacted by somebody with a fair price for what you need. They looked at your set and noticed that they had something you need, and then they let you know about it. Or maybe the cat and mouse game is more fun - what do you need - what do you have - but what do you need - can't you just tell me everything you have - can't you just tell me what you need - not until you tell me everything you have - so you only need a dozen cards but you want me to list and come up with prices for my 150 cards just on the chance I have something you need - yes because if you know I need it you'll price it higher than if you don't know I need it - well okay but give me a week to work up a list - here you go - instant reply - sorry don't need anything - what do you have in 1953's - hello, hello.
  • Options
    acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    This is about as responsive as you can get...I appreciate you providing this granularity.

Regards,

Alan
  • Options
    It sure is easier on the wallet when two parties each have something the other wants and can agree to trade. I have built some pretty nice comraderies this way.
    I had been a hold out for some time on the subject of showing my email but have seen the value in publicizing my availability, consumating trades with fellow registry members.
    Special thanks to all who have provided cards for my sets in this manner.
    RayB69Topps
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    I AGREE THAT IT MAKES IT SO MUCH EASIER FOR COLLECTORS AND DEALERS TO HELP OUT THE SET REGISTRY GUYS. ON THE OTHER HAND, WHEN YOU ARE LACKING THREE CARDS FOR THE SET OR PERHAPS THERE IS A GROUP ON CARDS COMING UP IN AN AUCTION, PEOPLE WILL MAKE YOU PAY HIGHER. I DON'T CARE IF YOU ARE MAKING A 1974 TOPPS SET OR IF YOU ARE TRYING TO MAKE A 1971 TOPPS GREATEST MOMENTS SET, YOU WILL BE SCREWED. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN REAL EASY FOR ME TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF CARLOS AMONTE WHEN HE NEEDED #99 IN A PSA 8. I SOLD IT TO HIM FOR $13.00 WHEN HE WOULD HAVE PAID MORE. NOT EVERYONE IS WILLING TO HELP YOU WITH IT. I WELCOME ANYONE THAT HAS ANY CARDS FROM THE SETS THAT I COLLECT, HOWEVER NO ONE HAS EVERY OFFERED ME ANYTHING I COLLECT. AND THE CRAZY THING ABOUT IT IS, I OVER PAY ON MOST ALL THAT I BUY BECAUSE I AM IMPATIENT. I WELCOME ANY OFFERS THAT ANY OF YOU ALL MIGHT HAVE.

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    Speaking of registry changes...Here is one I would like to see.

Link to my set.

Can anyone tell me what sport or year this set is from? I wish they could put that information in the title.

Carlos D. Aponte's Set - 5th All Time Finest Set Year 19XX ... XXXXBall