Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Local Card Shop - Helping Others on Registry

When I was collecting the 72 Topps Baseball Set, I went to the local card shop and searched a 5 drawer box of cards. I only pulled out two that I thought was worth grading and sent them in. One was the Tom Haller IA card (tough one) and a Ray Culp (I believe). Since they were not star cards, they gave them to me for free.

Anyways, the card shop has lots of boxes of old commons from the mid sixties to 70's that I'm sure haven't been searched. Is it worth the time to go through each box, find those that you think are in 8 or better and submit them to PSA for helping others on the Set Registry?

Congrats to all on their 72's. I was also quite impressed with the photos from the National. It was nice to see who I had been doing business with back when.

Dale
1st Finest Set - 1981 Baseball Fleer Basic - Retired
1st Finest Set - 1981 Baseball Fleer Master - Retired
1st Finest Set - 1955 Baseball Golden Stamps - Cleveland Indians - Retired
1st Finest Set - Mel Harder Baseball Master - Active
Mel Harder Showcase Set - Active
#15 on Current Set Registry - 1972 Topps Baseball - Retired
#23 on All Time Set Registry - 1972 Topps Baseball - Retired

Comments

• Options
    Dale -
    Good to here from you. I would be highly interested in any help you could provide filling holes on my 69' set in PSA 8 or better. At the registry special price it would definitely be worth your while if you were sure you could personally screen for 8+ quality on commons.
    I think others from other years would be interested as well.
    Thanks.
    RayB69Topps
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Dale - I'm currenty working on the 1965 Topps Baseball set (plus many other sets as well) I'm at 70% and I need about 190 commons & minor stars for completion. I would be interested if you can locate a chunk in "8" quality, be it raw or already graded. Email me w/ details, we have a month remaining on the set registry special, so $ can be saved.
    Thanks...jay ---- jaycos@qualitycards.com
  • Options
    Dale-

I'd be forever greatful if you could pull me some gradeable commons (PSA 8+) from the 75 Topps Mini set... shoot me an email at lindenmj@southwestern.edu if you find any. Thanks a lot

Justin
    Currently collecting the Nolan Ryan Basic and Topps Player sets.

NAXCOM
  • Options
    Dale - I think most commons from the 60s in NM-MT or better would be worth grading. Be cautious of high pop cards though. I wouldn't recommend loading up on cherry '68 Grant Jacksons or '69 Al Darks. Those cards would barely return your grading fees in 9 holders. But most commons are going for decent prices. You'll lose on any 7's you get but you should also get some 9's which will more than make up for 7's if you keep the "fallout" low. As Ray stated, there are several of us building the '69 set, so you should not have a problem getting a decent return on those cards.
    Please visit my eBay auctions at gemint
  • Options
    Dale - My email is aja4rayb@msn.com if you care to explore the issue of 69's any further.
    Thanks.
    RayB.
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!