Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

I feel like I need to be flamed for thinking about buying from him

I have not been flamed on this board yet and I feel left out. A H has a nice NGC Proof Modern comm Half I need on E-bay. I know I know but it is slabbed aready and looks great. Searching back in his auctions I'm sure I could pick it up cheap and I have been looking for this one for awhile ( 1996 PR 69 UC Soccer Half ). So whats the opinion of the board, I don't like the idea of surporting him but it's not AGC C@#p I'm buying. Please flame away I need it today image.
U S Navy Retired 22 years - ENC(SW) Ret. - Travling Nuclear Maintanence Contractor - Working Indian Point Nuclear plant Buchanan New York

">Franklin Halves
">Kennedy Halves

Comments

• Options
    Flame on --- Hey man, it would support that ACG thing to support it's main promoter. Don't do it. --- Flame off.

I think I lost my real ability to scortch several years ago image Sorry I wasn't more firery.

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    It occurs to me that if he is selling a solid coin in an NGC slab it is likely that his lousy reputation may keep the hammer price below what he paid for it. Thus, by buying it, you would cost him money.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    Stop! Don't do it. A modern commem proof half ought to be dime a dozen.
  • Options
    Russ you are right I think he has lost money on everyone of his non AGC slab Auctions - this is a tough coin to find in NGC so I sitting on the fence and watching if I can snag it at a steal I might just do it.

Dan

U S NAVY WITH PRIDE
    U S Navy Retired 22 years - ENC(SW) Ret. - Travling Nuclear Maintanence Contractor - Working Indian Point Nuclear plant Buchanan New York

">Franklin Halves
    ">Kennedy Halves
  • Options
    DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    Halfnut! Flaming costs extra!
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    the more money you put into the pockets of people who sell this overgraded crap,the longer they stay in business, the more people they screw.
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    Tulving has that piece for $79 in a PCGS PR69DCAM.
  • Options
    gmarguligmarguli Posts: 2,226 ✭✭
    Don't do it. Supporting Hager in any way is supporting the screwing of novice collectors.
  • Options
    Greag since your flame happened a day late I can not except it, imageimage. imageimage Thanks all for a few good flames I needed them. I'm sitting on the fence on this one will see what shakes out.

Dan

U S NAVY WITH PRIDE

">Franklin Halves
    ">Kennedy Halves
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Dan,

I just looked at the coin in question. I think it went to NGC because the submitter knew it would not make PR69DCAM at PCGS. It is cheap, but I think it would be cheap no matter who was selling it.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Thanks Russ like I said I'm on the fence on this one. I just nailed a 91 D Rushmore in NGC MS69 so my coin buget ( Yea like I say with in it image ) is done for this month --- wait its almost Sept image. The scan of the coin is bad but I have gotten great looking coins even with a scan that looks bad and vice versa so as said many times here its buyer beware.

Dan

US NAVY WITH PRIDE

">Franklin Halves
    ">Kennedy Halves
  • Options
    Will no worrys about me buying this coin he ended the auction early - I'm sure he did it because it was at 13.00 last i checked and that would have been a great deal for some buyer but a big loss to the seller.

Dan

U S NAVY WITH PRIDE

">Franklin Halves
    ">Kennedy Halves