Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

(Intentionally) Cut Cards

A question about intentionally cut cards, such as Post and Bazooka -

What's PSA looking for in terms of cut? Bazooka's have a dotted line, and I would expect that the most preferred cut is just outside the line, but how much "extra" card is too much? How does it affect grading?
Ideally, what do I want these cards to look like before they're sent in for grading (inside the lines looks really nice)?
Thanks.

mdisfarmer

Comments

• Options
    PSA doesn't currently grade those types of cards. PSA needs to start grading those types of cards. Let PSA know that you would like to give them money to grade those kind of cards.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    SGC does grade these cards.

Cut outside the line -- and, whatever you do, make sure that you make an even cut (not crooked). As long as the cut is outside of the line, that is the most important factor.

I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    mike - how should Hostess cards be cut then for SGC? These came in 2- and 3-card panels, so cutting outside the line will ruin 1 or 2 other cards.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    nickm - Then based on the rules, you need to buy multiple panels. If you cut everything exactly on the dotted line, you will have great looking cards, but your grades will be impacted. If you want the highest possible grades, then you will need to "waste" the surrounding cards.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Just hope that you don't have two HOF'ers next to one another.

Just like a sheet of regular baseball cards -- some cards are sort of misplaced, so if the sheet is cut correctly, that card is always off-center. Or if that card is centered well, the rest of the sheet is off-centered.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    I thought Hostess panels were worth more whole.