Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Proof set registry

PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
What does everyone think of the 1936 to 1942 Proof set registry?
Not to hard to put together 5 or 6 coins, the only expensive coin would be the halves.
Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

Comments

• RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    It's okay. But, I think 1964 will be better.image

Russ, NCNE
  • Just go with a Kennedy Proof Registry Set. That way you can compete against your arched nemesis.(Russ)image

For some life lasts a short while, but the memories it holds last forever.
    -Laura Swenson

In memory of BL, SM, and KG. 16 and forever young, rest in peace.
  • RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    PT: Perhaps our definition of expensive differs ... have you checked out the prices on proof Mercs lately? image
  • I think they're great. I can't wait for the 1950- registry sets. Five coins may be easy to put together, but in high grade? And consider cameos.
    "Buy the coin, not the holder"

Proof Dime Registry Set
  • dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am considering doing a birth year set, would be nice to register it to see how it compares. Getting too old, but at least is isn't one of the 1936-1942 sets. (But both of my parents are)
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • I have done a birth year set. 1956. The dime is in an NGC holder though. It has deep blue album toning at the rims and didn't cross to PCGS at the same grade when I tried it. I spent more for my nickel than any of the other 4 coins image
  • PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know that mercury dimes are expensive, but so do those high grade comeo halfs. Most of the dimes I need are getting pricy now.
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• KAJ1KAJ1 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭
    The 42 Merc. has doubled in 1 year.
    The 1942 in 67 was around 350 , it is now in the 700 range.
    Value or Registry craze???????
    I wanted a 67 Walker to match my Merc...
    Then I saw the price..........

Kevin
  • CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KAJI,

I echo your feelings regarding proof Walkers. I wish I'd bought them when they were bid at less than $300 in PR65. It wasn't that long ago.

I entered the early proofs that I have from 1937-1942 into the registry over the weekend - no halves!!image I probably won't have a top-ranked set by the time I complete any of them, but maybe just having those incomplete sets will provide a bit of an incentive to pick up the Walkers.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    i personally think that fully ORIGINAL sets of 36 to 42 proof coins that are super eye appealling and proof 66 or better with the cent being a real red coin are still underrated/undervalued and if cameoed then moreso underrated/undervalued and the earlier the set the better!!!!!!!!

sincerely michael
  • vam44vam44 Posts: 291
    I`m thinking of registering a `59 proof set, that is if I can get a half to cross from pci to pcgs!imageimageimage
    A dealer once asked me if I noticed any three-legged buffalos on the bourse,to which I replied,"...no,but I saw alot of two-legged jackasses..."
  • PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it was fun being number for a week, but now number 2. I will have to change my signature block. At least I let people see what I have. Why do registry set stay hiddenimage