Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Shipping a set in a binder?

I have recently purchased a 1964 Giants Set. The set is in a binder currently, and I'd prefer that the cards not be touched prior to shipping. Are there any special arrangements I should request in regards to shipping/packaging a set in a binder?

Thanks,

Brian
Where have you gone Dave Vargha
CU turns its lonely eyes to you
What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
hey hey hey

Comments

• qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Brian - I would ask that the seller not include the binder. Due to the nature of shipping, be it USPS or UPS, a box gets thrown around quite a bit. And there is some "play" when sheets are in a binder. The Giants set is only 15 sheets. I would get the seller to place the sheets in a large sleeve (life magazine or newspaper sleeve - or even a plastic bag) and then place them flat atop cardboard in a larger box packed w/ another piece of cardboard and plenty of foam peanuts. This is how I would ship it...jay
  • theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    Thanks Jay!! Thats what I was looking for. Don't want all those future PSA 10s moving around at allimage

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Cool! Looks like we got another recruit for the '64 Giants. Hope you land lots of 10's, either submit them yourself or fight to the death bidding aginst GEMMINTMAN on ebay when a fresh one comes up...jay
  • BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    TheBobs

Welcome to the "cool side of the tracks". Are you going to build a slabbed set? If so, what grade?
    BobS --

The grade will depend on the quality of the raw set image

Of course I bought a 1970 Kellogg's set recently, and those guys scared me so much, I sold it off as quickly as I could. We will wait and see on the Giants set image

Brian

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey

• << <i>Hope you land lots of 10's, either submit them yourself or fight to the death bidding aginst GEMMINTMAN on ebay when a fresh one comes up...jay >>

Jay, I thought you were one of my buds here image.

<< <i>Of course I bought a 1970 Kellogg's set recently, and those guys scared me so much, I sold it off as quickly as I could. We will wait and see on the Giants set >>

TheBobs, I suppose you would now like some tips from me on grading these cards before you submit them to PSA. Yeah, I'll really be helping you with that one after that 3-D backstab you gave me recently image.
  • BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    Well let me know, as I have about 10 extras from my set which I would love to sell to you to get ya' going image
    thegemmintman,

When the 1970 Kellogg's Registry mascot showed up at my place of business and delivered the singing telegram, I knew the set wasn't for me. It was amazing.

Zardoz shows up to my staff meeting at work in a huge white cardboard box fashioned to resemble a PSA holder, with an 8 (oc) Horlen label hand written at the top. He was dressed as Horlen inside the box, and kept repeating -- "I am in 3D, I am in 3D -- Welcome to the 70s Kellogg Crew!!!" He sang three songs from Oklahoma before security could arrive.

At that point, no amount of "grading tips" could keep me in the set.

As for any 10s I receive from the Giants submission:

I will offer them on Mastro, infomercials, spot ads on WWF programming, Superior, eBay auction, Yahoo auction, SAH, various private avenues, and of course these boards -- all at the same time.

It will be the first 9-way-battle-royal-auction-to-end-all-auctions!!!!

Brian

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • At least security was gentle with the rubber gloves. image
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • TheoneandonlytheBobs - LOLimage

<< <i>TheoneandonlytheBobs - LOL >>

You think I can make this stuff up?

You should have seen Z in those tights and ballet shoes -- my goodness, those tights...

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Ok now you're scaring me.
  • spot ads on WWF programming

Brian,

Thanks for considering me when selling your items, you really know how to be fair in terms of selling off items. image

But on an other note... it is no longer the WWF, it is the WWE. They got in a real life scuffle with the Panda Bear people, and well, the Panda beat 'em to win the name WWF. In a sense, it was the most important title match to ever take place in either WWF.

But once again, thanks for having me in mind. image

Ian

• << <i>When the 1970 Kellogg's Registry mascot showed up at my place of business and delivered the singing telegram, I knew the set wasn't for me. It was amazing. >>

I'm now scared what will happen to me when I complete the set. image Two cards to go!!

Robert
    Looking for:
    Any high grade OPC Jim Palmer
    High grade Redskins (pre 1980)
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    I figure one of the songs was "I'm Just a Girl Who Can't Say No (to PSA 10s)", but what were the other two he sang?

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.