Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

WANTED: 32 COINS

wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
HERE IS THE LATEST LIST OF COINS I WANT TO BUY IN FINEST KNOWN GRADE. THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS SOLD ME COINS OFF MY WANTED LIST THIS PAST MONTH. YOU NOW KNOW JUST HOW EASY IT IS TO CLOSE A SMOOTH HASSLE-FREE DEAL. FOR MOST COINS ON THE LIST, EITHER PCGS OR NGC ARE FINE, BUT IN EITHER CASE, QUALITY IS A MUST:

1. LINCOLN CENTS (MS)
2. 2 CENT PIECES (MS & PROOF)
3. 3 CENT PIECES (MS & PROOF)
4. SHIELD NICKELS (MS & PROOF)
5. LIBERTY NICKELS (MS & PROOF) (IN PARTICULAR, MS67 OR MS68 COINS, OR DCAM COINS)
5. JEFFERSON NICKELS (MS & PROOF)
6. SEATED DIMES (MS)
7. ROOSEVELT DIMES (MS & PROOF)
8. SEATED QUARTERS (MS)
9. SLQ's
10. WASHINGTON QUARTERS (MS & PR)
11. KENNEDY HALF DOLLARS (MS)
12. STATE QUARTERS (MS)
13. SPECTACULAR PATTERN COINS
14. SPECTACULAR ERROR COINS
15. SPECTACULAR VARIETY COINS
16. 1943 COPPER CENTS (P,D,S)
17. 1944(d) STEEL CENT
18. 1964 SMS NICKEL (PCGS-MS68FS)
19. 1919(d) SLQ (PCGS-MS66FH)
20. 1942/1 MERCURY DIME (PCGS-MS66FB)
21. 1932(d) or (s) Quarter (MS64-66)
22. 1959(p) QUARTER (PCGS-MS67)
23. 1916(d) MERCURY DIME (PCGS-MS67FB)
24. 1909(svdb) (PCGS-MS67RD)
25. ANY WASH QUARTER (1936-1942) IN PCGS-PR68
26. HALF DIMES
27. 1883 SEATED DIME (PCGS-MS68)
28. 1880 SHIELD NICKEL IN ANY MINT STATE GRADE
29. 1961(d) JEFFERSON NICKEL (MINT STATE FULL STEP)
30. 1920(s) STANDING LIBERTY QUARTER (PCGS-MS66FH)
31. 1950 JEFFERSON NICKEL (PCGS-PR67DCAM)
32. 1936 WASHINGTON QUARTER (PROOF 67)

Please PM me with your phone number and email address. Wondercoin.

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

Comments

• Options
    caitlincaitlin Posts: 858 ✭✭✭
    How about the finest known 1916 ms-68 NGC Buffalo Nickel with awsom toning?
    A collector of high grade TONED BUFFALO NICKELS ,working on a PCGS REGISTRY SET.
  • Options
    Caitlin: Thank you for offering me that coin. As you see from my list, Buffalos are the only nickel type going back to 1865 (Pattern shield date) that I do not have a need for right now. I have heard though that coin is from an old-time collection (from PA I recall?), totally screaming original (perhaps even too manly an original tone for some grading services) and just a delightful coin. Good luck with it - I know the forum would love for you to post a scan of that coin. Can you do it here on the thread?

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Wondercoin - I'm new to these boards but I just have to pass on my opinion here. But first a question. Do you advertise like this in publications where you have to pay? Why can't you limit your adds to the occasional handful of coins like the others? Do you really believe that anybody with a "rare" coin would just PM you for a quote??????? Most of the coins you are looking for trade hands in very small circles. I think you are WAY out of line - IMHO.
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    Most registry collectors are happy to see this information. This forum is the only place in numismatics where we can share this type of information.
    This is the Registry Board, and a concise list such as this, in search of the finest of US coins, is appreciated, perhaps necessary, and, indeed, welcome. image
    PS. If one scrutinizes this list over time, watches its changes (additions and deletions), then, one could obtain valuable market information, including short-term trends, otherwise unmentioned, most likely unnoticed, certainly not published and rarely shared. image
  • Options
    LincolnSense,
    Welcome to the board. Always glad to see another Lincoln collector on here. You are missing the very large picture here. You stated:

Most of the coins you are looking for trade hands in very small circles.

Mitch is the center of that very small circle. He was more then helpfull to me when I was assembling my #1 Lincoln set and you are also wrong about the rare coin issue. A very large portion of the collecting community WILL contact Mitch as one of their first choices for selling him a RARE coin because he is the man with his finger on the right phone numbers to be able to sell them. When I asked Mitch if he could sell my Registry set for a record setting high price at the time, he made one phone call and called me back with my set being sold in less then 24 hours.

HE IS THE MAN! Most people really do not see him as a dealer but more as a friend with the right connections. You might just want to get to know him better if you are looking for the SUPER LOW POP Lincoln's. Like pop 1's & 2's of which he put several in my first set.

Please do not be offended by my comments but I felt the need to stand up for Mitch and thought maybe you might like to learn a little from my experience's with Mitch.

Once again, Welcome to the wonderful world of Lincoln Collecting!
    Mike--(2001 #1 PCGS MS Memorial Lincoln Registry Set Owner & 2007 #13 MS Memorial Lincoln Set Owner. Both Retired)
  • Options
    RC& MM: Thanks for the kind words.

Congratulations again MM on your recent engagement!

Wondercoin.
  • Options
    Wondercoin,

Thank You very much. I figured at 42 it was about time.

I now have a new problem with my Lincoln collecting. Do I buy coins or take the little woman out? With my current budget of $0, that makes some very tough choices. I sure am glad she understands. imageimageimageimageimage
    Mike--(2001 #1 PCGS MS Memorial Lincoln Registry Set Owner & 2007 #13 MS Memorial Lincoln Set Owner. Both Retired)
  • Options
    RELLARELLA Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    Mike,

Congratulations on your engagement. Hope you have better luck with the whole understanding wife thing than I did at first. Getting married did wonders to the average grade of my early Lincoln set...but the percent complete went from 70% to 2%.image

RELLA
    Do not fall into the error of the artisan
    who boasts of twenty years experience in his craft
    while in fact he has had only one year of experience...
    twenty times.
  • Options
    Rella,

Thanks but DOOHHHH! I hope that my percentages work the other way since she knows that I was #1 before and hope to one day do it again. We will have to wait and see what the TRUE feelings are of hers when we tie the knot.

Hey Mitch! You got any extra space in that safety deposit box for a Lincoln or 2? LOL imageimage
  • Options
    "Hey Mitch! You got any extra space in that safety deposit box for a Lincoln or 2? LOL"

MM: Roger's wife quickly trimmed him from 70% down to 2% - maybe we better come up with an idea for protecting those babies before she comes through the door as MRS. MUSTANGMAN!! image

You can ask my wife - my first 5 years together with her had me "blowing" nearly all disposable income at the (local) Long Beach show, some Superior Galleries auctions, bid boards and local coin shops. We were living in a studio apartment (saving money not renting the 1 bedroom) and she was getting steamed, to say the least - but she hung in there!! Mike and Roger - this is the true test of love. Your wives have to stand by you (and not leave you) while you spend nearly every disposable $$ on coins for the first 5 years of the marriage - only then will you know if you have really found the "right woman" image Wondercoin.
  • Options
    RELLARELLA Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    Mitch,

You know that Laura is ready to just grin and bear it when it comes to my purchases after she made me return that PQ 1914-S MS64RD and then had to hear the thank you message from the dealer who upgraded it the next week. It actually worked out nicely...I get to collect my favorite series again from scratch. image My biggest problem now is that she's TOO interested in the financials...at least she's only tracking what I do on eBay so far...

RELLA
    Do not fall into the error of the artisan
    who boasts of twenty years experience in his craft
    while in fact he has had only one year of experience...
    twenty times.
  • Options
    littlewicherlittlewicher Posts: 1,822 ✭✭
    lincolnSence, since you are new to the boards, I'll give you a break. Wondercoin, as Mustangman stated, is part of that select circle. He has helped build some of the finest registry sets known to exist. He is my idol in many more ways then just coins. I hope to be in the circle someday.

Wondercoin, do you know that your aluminum? indian head cent icon is available? Stewart Blay is currently using it. I still think that coin is awesome!image

For some life lasts a short while, but the memories it holds last forever.
    -Laura Swenson

In memory of BL, SM, and KG. 16 and forever young, rest in peace.
  • Options
    "Wondercoin, do you know that your aluminum? indian head cent icon is available? Stewart Blay is currently using it. I still think that coin is awesome"

LW: Keep it down. If Stewart had asked, I might have paid him a advertising fee for using it imageimage

Thanks for the kind words.

Wondercoin.
  • Options
    littlewicherlittlewicher Posts: 1,822 ✭✭
    Hmmmmm, say, maybe I should use it as my icon?imageimage

For some life lasts a short while, but the memories it holds last forever.
    -Laura Swenson

In memory of BL, SM, and KG. 16 and forever young, rest in peace.
  • Options
    caitlincaitlin Posts: 858 ✭✭✭
    Mictch
    I'll try to post an image for everyone. Thanks
    A collector of high grade TONED BUFFALO NICKELS ,working on a PCGS REGISTRY SET.
  • Options
    Caitlin recently shared a pic of that 1916 nickel with me - AWESOME coin!!!