Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Watch out for this idiot on Ebay

Looking for a place to express a little anger!!! My Ebay feeedback was flawless at 749. I have bought and sold for quite some time and never had a problem that could not be worked out between I and the seller/buyer. Then as I watch this one end, I have a solid buyer with good feedback with 20 seconds left, BOOM!!!! This guy makes a last second bid and wins the auction. He at the time had a -1 feedback which deffinately concerned me. Less than 2 minutes later I have my first negative feedback. null What a joke!!! I have emailed Ebay asking that this be removed. Anyone out there have any experience in this???

Comments

• gemintgemint Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard about clowns like this. Unfortunately, I've also heard eBay won't remove the negatives. You ought to threaten to sue him for slander and make him shake in his boots for awhile over that stunt. I think eBay should have some strict rules, aside from cancelling their account, for people that do that. Of course, they don't even go after most of the theifs, so I doubt they'll do anything else.

Don't worry though, nobody will pay attention to that feedback.
  • gemintgemint Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, after thinking about it, you might get eBay to remove the comment if you alert them that there's profanity in it.
  • RobERobE Posts: 1,160 ✭✭
    Don,email me please?

Check your other thread regarding this.

Rob
  • helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    Because of the AOL decision a couple years ago, I don't think they'll remove it, but they should certainly change it to a neutral. They may or may not remove the profanity. But it's obvious it's not a serious comment on your transaction, so hopefully they'll expunge it altogether.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay

• Be sure to add the clown to your blocked bidder list. Mine is getting so long, it's a wonder I ever get any bids.
  • 1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    ebay should definiteley do something about that .... the guy is a moron and apprears to have joined ebay simply to leave neg feedback.

If I saw that feedback (I check) I would still bid on your items. Leave a response as to why it is there and it will only make it better.

I would not worry about it, but ebay needs to do something.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    On EBAY, they sometimes convert feedback to "neutral" once a person is no longer registered. They need to do this with negatives from non registered people. We need to act as a group to email EBAY and suggest this. It could be automated and require very little effort on their part ( especially in relation to the effort that it would take to delete all those negs)

Link to suggestions

Select suggestions and email them.

Regards,

Alan
  • I only have 1 negative also and mine came from a bidder who never paid me for an auction he won. I emailed him 7-8 times over the course of a month and he never responded so I left negative feedback. He then left me negative feedback saying that I leave negative feedback for no reason at all. I was so mad but I couldn't ever get it removed. If you find a way please let me know as I have about 500 feedback with that one ridiculous negative.

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    I would hope that EBAY would remove the neg, given the nature of the comment and the profanity. I agree that we should all email EBAY and request a policy change on these kind of matters.
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • StumpStump Posts: 927

This is ridiculous. Ebay needs to remove this negative and this clown from their system. They should be able to check the origin and ban that person. But what will happen is he comes back on with a differant name and causes more problems again. They need to find a solution for these kinds of situations. I will join whatever to email them with these concerns. I overnighted a payment to a guy the day after the auction was won for over 1300 dollars. I got the items that were nowhere near what they were described as. When I asked for a refund he told me I was a PSA nut and he wouldnt refund the money. I tryed to work it out for 6 weeks with guy and when he brought my mother into it I left him negative and got negative right back. Not for not paying but for retaliation. Somehow there must be a way.

Dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    Dwarren and Wayne-

I had a similar experience a few months ago, when a bidder left negative feedback within seconds after the close of auction. I was actually successful in having ebay remove the negative. After I obtained the bidder's contact information, I discovered the bidder's telephone number was fake. I contacted ebay and they removed the feedback in less than a week. If you are a ebay powerseller, your representative could fix that problem in minutes. Good luck.

Koby
  • Sorry you ran across a jerk like that. I too know a powerseller and he has gotten rid of negatives on numerous occassions. Not just one time. Each time was different. Once, was because of profanity in the feedback from a individual with something like negative 3 feedback. Another time that I know of was what they call "negative feedback bombing". That's when someone bids on alot of items from same seller then just leaves negatives for everyone of those. From what I understand from the powerseller, he owns the local card shop, that is not tolerated at all. I believe you can get that removed if you get to the right ebay person.

Take care and good luck!

Jeff
    Always looking for high-grade Terry Bradshaw and Steelers cards.
  • Hi

You can definately have this negative feedback removed. I had the same thing happen and i emailed safeharbor and complained about "feedback Sabatage" which is what this is . When someone leaves negative feedback within minutes of the auction ending its sabotage.

Don
  • IT WAS REMOVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for everyones support
  • Hi, I just checked your ebay feedback rating and I discovered that you no longer have a negative feedback. It os about time that someone used their heads at ebay. Good luck, Neilimage